Poll: Who Left Whilst Still Believing?

by brinjen 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• White Dove
    White Dove

1. Born in 4th JW generation. Kids were born in 5th generation JW.

2. B. Parially believed it was the truth, so I left with a completely broken heart with all intentions of continuing the meetings at home on my own. Lasted two weeks before I gave up the effort.

3. C. Thanks to this board and research boards

4. I was afraid enough of A to vow to do the best I could for Jehovah on my own.

5. D. Pagan, panthiest, polydeist, Wiccan:)

• shamus100
    shamus100

1. Were you a born-in (including those who's parents converted while they were still children) or did you convert as an adult? Perverted ish.

2. When you left, did you still (a) fully believe in the truth TM , (b) partially believe or (c) realise it was all a load of crap? Partially believed

3. Now, do you still (a) fully believe in the truth TM , (b) partially believe or (c) realise it is all a load of crap? Load of horseshit.

4. When you left, how afraid where you of armageddon TM ? Fairly...

5. Do you class yourself now as (a) christian (b) agnostic (c) atheist or (d) other (please state). Athiestic agnostical. (inbetween the two?)

• dinah
    dinah

You probably already know my answers, but I'll put them out there again.

1. Born-in

2. I still really believed it was the truth.

3. Now, I know it's a load of crap.

4. Terrified

5. agnostic, I suppose.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

1. My parents began studying when I was three and baptized when I was five. I think of myself as a born-in because I have no memories before this time.

2. When I left, I did not believe they taught the truth. I thought they followed the Bible more closely than any other religion, but that was irrelevant because there was no God backing them.

3. I now realize that they do not follow the Bible nearly as close as many other religions. Everything they do is out of self-preservation rather than desire to please God.

4. I still considered it a vague possiblity. I figured if that God did exist and he wanted to kill me at the big A, He isn't the kind of God I wanted to hang around anyway. Even this vague feeling faded over time and was completely gone by the time I learned about the falseness of JW teachings.

5. I hate to classify myself as anything, only because I haven't found a term that fits. I'm not atheist because I don't believe for certain that God does not exist (though I find it unlikely). I'm not agnostic because I don't think it's necessarily impossible (or irrelevant) to know whether God does exist. Even if I don't find out for sure in my life, it doesn't mean I couldn't know. I do believe in most of the philosophies of Buddhism, but I can't claim to be a Buddhist because I don't necessarily believe in reincarnation and I certainly don't believe in different planes of existence. I agree with the basic teachings of Jesus in his sermons, so if I feel I need to, I will call myself a Christian in that sense. All in all, I think of myself as a student of religion and spirituality. I think student is the best label.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

1. Were you a born-in (including those who's parents converted while they were still children) or did you convert as an adult?

Born in.

2. When you left, did you still (a) fully believe in the truth TM , (b) partially believe or (c) realise it was all a load of crap?

Haven't officially left yet but the answer's C anyaway.

3. Now, do you still (a) fully believe in the truth TM , (b) partially believe or (c) realise it is all a load of crap?

C, a load of crap.

4. When you left, how afraid where you of armageddon TM ?

Not afraid of it at all now

5. Do you class yourself now as (a) christian (b) agnostic (c) atheist or (d) other (please state).

b, agnostic

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

1. Were you a born-in (including those who's parents converted while they were still children) or did you convert as an adult?

Born in.

2. When you left, did you still (a) fully believe in the truth TM , (b) partially believe or (c) realise it was all a load of crap?

C is for Crap

3. Now, do you still (a) fully believe in the truth TM , (b) partially believe or (c) realise it is all a load of crap?

C

Not at all. Armageddon is as fake as the rest of it.

5. Do you class yourself now as (a) christian (b) agnostic (c) atheist or (d) other (please state).

c = Atheist, and if I'm wrong and there is a god - he deserves a swift kick in the nuts

• Dagney
    Dagney

Born in.

Load of crap.

Still crap.

Not in the least.

Undecided, leaning toward no sky daddy.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Born in.

(c) I knew it was false.

(c) I knew it was false.

I was no longer afraid.

(a) Christian

• dmouse
    dmouse

ME:

1. Born in (mum converted when I was 2)

2. Knew it was crap

3. Still know it's crap

4. Obviously not (see above)

5. Agnostic (not quite arrogant enough to say I know for certain God doesn't exist)

MY MUM:

1. Converted in her 20s

2. Still believed

3. Still partially believes

4. Yes, very much so at first but now not really.

5. Christian - no particular denomination.

Dean.

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Born in.

Crap

Crap

Well, I watched it at the cinema and thought it wasn't Bruce Willis' finest work. If you're referring to a day when the god of love destroys approximately 6 billion people (the elderly, women, the disabled, children and new borns) and keeps a bunch of hypocritical morons alive, then no

c = Atheist. The god that is portrayed in the bible is not real in any way shape or form.

RAB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit