Poll: Who Left Whilst Still Believing?

by brinjen 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brinjen
    brinjen

This is for an upcoming YouTube project. I would love to do this on a mass scale... think there might be something "big" in the results.

1. Were you a born-in (including those who's parents converted while they were still children) or did you convert as an adult?

2. When you left, did you still (a) fully believe in the truth TM , (b) partially believe or (c) realise it was all a load of crap?

3. Now, do you still (a) fully believe in the truth TM , (b) partially believe or (c) realise it is all a load of crap?

4. When you left, how afraid where you of armageddon TM ?

5. Do you class yourself now as (a) christian (b) agnostic (c) atheist or (d) other (please state).

Be interesting to see what the results are.

• SuspiciousMinds
    SuspiciousMinds

EDIT: I see another question was added, so I'll edit my answers:

1. Were you a born-in (including those who's parents converted while they were still children) or did you convert as an adult?

Born-in

2. When you left, did you still (a) fully believe in the truth TM , (b) partially believe or (c) realise it was all a load of crap?

c) realized it was all a load of crap

3. Now, do you still (a) fully believe in the truth TM , (b) partially believe or (c) realise it is all a load of crap?

c) still realize it is all a load of crap

Not afraid

5. Do you class yourself now as (a) christian (b) agnostic (c) atheist or (d) other (please state).

Unsure, as our exit is still fairly fresh. I would have to say agnostic at this point.

• chickpea
    chickpea

1) convert

2) my fade began for highly personal
    reasons that had nothing to do with
    the b0rg, but resulted in less and less
    "association"; a happenstance landing
    at JWD was like a splash of cold water...
    i was yearning to rekindle a faith in BS...
    and JWD brought me to my senses....
    so i am saying: left utterly disillusioned
    no longer able to believe anything WTS

3) no

4) sentimental deist leaning toward atheism

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

1. Were you a born-in (including those who's parents converted while they were still children) or did you convert as an adult? Born-in aprox 2 yrs old, I've seen pictures of a Christmas Tree and Birthday Cake before the age of three.

2. When you left, did you still (a) fully believe in the truth TM , (b) partially believe or (c) realise it was all a load of crap? b. partially believed, because I had nothing else to compare it with, except of common sense and logic.

3. Now, do you still (a) fully believe in the truth TM , (b) partially believe or (c) realise it is all a load of crap? c. And that would be "C" With a capital "C" for CRAP

4. When you left, how afraid where you of armageddon TM ? Very afraid, because of many religions believe in an armeageddon. But I just accepted that I would die, and that was that.

5. Do you class yourself now as (a) christian (b) agnostic (c) atheist or (d) other (please state). Currently I consider myself, c. an atheist. I also reserve the right to change my mind if I feel differently.

lisa

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

1. I converted when I was in my mid twenties.
    2. I still believed in the doctrines when I left. However, after seeing the Fifth Estate doccumentary on the JW child abuse scandal I had to distance myself from them. They are "bad association".
    3. I wasn't afraid of armageddon at all. The only reason I remained a JW was because of my spouse and mother, otherwise I'd have left much sooner. I had no desire to "live forever" in a "paradise" that was populated by the most hateful people I had ever met. I decided long ago that if I was unlucky enough to survive armageddon I would take my own life.
    4. Religiously speaking, I don't class myself as anything. I wasted the best years of my life on religion and have come up empty. Now I have to focus on something more tangible so I don't wind up destitute when I retire. Believing "armageddon is just around the corner" isn't conducive to long term financial planning.

W

• brinjen
    brinjen

Great responses, keep 'em coming!

Should probably submit my own answers while I'm at it...

Born-in (mother returned when I was 2)

(b) partially believed... didn't feel right but didn't know any different.

(c) it's CRAP!

I was moderately afraid, I was one who would break out in a sweat whenever there was a 'special news bulletin' but the thought of spending forever with the people in my Kingdom Hall TM was worse.

(a) atheist though I'm open to change if I ever find evidence of 'someone out there' that makes sense to me.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Sorry 'bout that SuspiciousMinds... thought of the 'extra question' after I hit submit.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Can't seem to edit my post, so I'll add my response here:

Now, do you still (a) fully believe in the truth TM , (b) partially believe or (c) realise it is all a load of crap?

It's a load of crap.

W

• donny
    donny

Converted after dating my ex who was an inactive JW at the time, but began going to meetings again.

I had already came to believe it was false.

I believe it to be a total load.

No

Agnostic leaning toward atheist

Donny

• chickpea
    chickpea

here is my answer to what i think of the
    doctrines of the WTS: crap

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit