Poll: Who Left Whilst Still Believing?

by brinjen 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• villabolo
    villabolo

1. Converted at 14.

2. Partially believed while my JC was in progress but soon realized it was a load of crap.

3. It's still a load of crap and it stinks worse and worse as every year goes by.

4. No fear of Armageddon.

5. Atheist intellectually, Pantheist, a la Carl Sagan, at heart.

villabolo

• dudeson
    dudeson

1. Were you a born-in (including those who's parents converted while they were still children) or did you convert as an adult?

Born in (sort of)

2. When you left, did you still (a) fully believe in the truth TM , (b) partially believe or (c) realise it was all a load of crap?

I believed the basics

3. Now, do you still (a) fully believe in the truth TM , (b) partially believe or (c) realise it is all a load of crap?

Crap. The internet opened my eyes

4. When you left, how afraid where you of armageddon TM ?

I figured if god din't want me in his "new system" for who I was, screw him.

5. Do you class yourself now as (a) christian (b) agnostic (c) atheist or (d) other (please state).

Atheist but only after studying the bible for myself

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

1. Were you a born-in (including those who's parents converted while they were still children) or did you convert as an adult?

I was 12 when my mom started studying. I left home by the time I was 13 but returned three years later. I was baptized at 17.

2. When you left, did you still (a) fully believe in the truthTM, (b) partially believe or (c) realise it was all a load of crap?

Yes, I believed it was the truth but that there was something about me that was objectionable to Jehovah.

3. Now, do you still (a) fully believe in the truthTM, (b) partially believe or (c) realise it is all a load of crap?

It's all a load of crap.

4. When you left, how afraid where you of armageddonTM?

No. I believed it ws coming, but wasn't afraid to die.

5. Do you class yourself now as (a) christian (b) agnostic (c) atheist or (d) other (please state).

Spiritual.

• homeschool
    homeschool

1. Born in. My mother was baptized just a couple years before I was born. My father converted when I was around 8

2. I totally thought it was the truth, but I was sick and tired of feeling sick and tired all the time.

3. I feel it's a load of crap and now I REALLY feel like it's a cult

4. That fear of Armaggedon stayed with me for a good 6 years. Its been approx 12 years since I faded. Now, the end of the world only consumes about .5% of my brain.

5. Agnostic. I can't shake the feeling that I'm being taken care of and I say thanks pretty much every day.

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

1. born in 3rd gen

2. fully believed

3. realised its full of crap

4.not at all

5.christian

• Purza
    Purza

I agree that it will be interesting to see the results.

Born-in

2. When you left, did you still (a) fully believe in the truth TM , (b) partially believe or (c) realise it was all a load of crap?

Partially believed. I left for a man, but it was around the time of 9/11 and I was still trying to have things both ways.

3. Now, do you still (a) fully believe in the truth TM , (b) partially believe or (c) realise it is all a load of crap?

Pure crap.

Terrified that I was going to "for sure" die at armageddon. I was especially terrified of getting "bothered" by the demons.

Last year I liked to classify myself as a "deist" - believing there is a creator but that he/she/it is no longer actively involved in our lives. As I move forward, I find myself relating more and more towards athiesm. Not quite there yet, but on my way.

Purza

• CandleSurgeon
    CandleSurgeon

Born-in

A

C

I was terrified of it.

B

CS

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Born-in

partially believe

realise it is all a load of crap

I resigned myself to death at Armageddon. I describe it now, as suicide with an unloaded gun.

Athiest

• etna
    etna

Hi brnjen, 1-was born in. 2-b partially believe. 3- partially believe. 4-not really afraid of armaggedon. 5- a christian.

I'll be interested in the results.

Etna

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

1. Were you a born-in or did you convert as an adult?

Born in.

Partially. Still believed most of the doctrines, but had really started to dislike the organization itself. The social control, arbitrary rules, intolerance for differing viewpoints, etc.

Mostly (c)- but I'm hesitant to declare any viewpoint true or false until I find out for sure what the truth actually is.

Barely gave Armageddon itself a thought, but it took a bit of adjusting to the idea that I would eventually get old and die one day.

Jedi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit