Where are my women tonight?

by beksbks 65 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I looked up "Ignorance is bliss" and found a very long poem called "An Essay on Criticism".

Thank you Beks

P.S. A "House" marathon is running today

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    To actually think Americans are so stupid that we can only think and do what talking heads and politicians tell us is beyond belief.

Not all Americans, but enough to create a destructive backlash in this country that impedes the positive momentum needed to get this country back on track. This is not an obscure fact. Don't you read - books, magazines, newspapers, blogs - anything? Watch the news? Go to a town hall meeting? Talk to friends or co-workers?

From an article by David Frum (Republican) in the Newsweek edition that had Rush Limbaugh on the cover:

"There's the perfect culmination of the outlook Rush Limbaugh has taught his fans and followers: we want to transform the party of Lincoln, Eisenhower and Reagan into a party of unanimous dittoheads -- and we don't care how small the party has to shrink to do it. That's not the language of politics. It's the language of cult."

Wake up and smell the java.

• crapola
    crapola

Watching football.

• journey-on
    journey-on

BB...you are hilarious! Oh, and narrow minded to say the least. The destructive backlash that will impede positive momentum will be if Obama and his marxist buddies succeed in putting our country on a track of dependence in the name of social justice. BTW, I haven't listened to Rush Limbaugh in a long long time. Really, dear, a dittohead? Look in the mirror.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    BB...you are hilarious!

Thanks, JO! That's the nicest thing you said to me in a long time.

But, why would I look in the mirror? "Dittohead" is what Limbaugh fans call themselves.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Well, the repair guy fixed the phone line in the A.M. Then he proceeded to spend the whole P.M. in his repair truck a block down the street, I guess on the company dime.

The tennis has been awesome today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit