Where are my women tonight?

by beksbks 65 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Where's the party?

Just trying to add some levity into the fray.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Quite frankly, Doh, fu*k you and your point. If you don't know what it was, don't ask me to supply it. I tried to meet you half-way and you chose to be a di*k. I've supported you and gone to bat for you when it seemed the right thing to do. But sincerity for you is like a kleenex - blow your nose in it once and throw it away. Maybe I'll feel differently tomorrow, but right now you strike me as behaving like a heartless, unfeeling jerk.

• John Doe
    John Doe

It's ok Mrs. Jones--she's just trying to conceal her maddening passion for me from everyone.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Quite frankly, Doh, fu*k you and your point. If you don't know what it was, don't ask me to supply it. I tried to meet you half-way and you chose to be a di*k. I've supported you and gone to bat for you when it seemed the right thing to do. But sincerity for you is like a kleenex - blow your nose in it once and throw it away. Maybe I'll feel differently tomorrow, but right now you strike me as behaving like a heartless, unfeeling jerk.

Bizzy, I think you owe me an apology, but I won't demand one.

My point was this, America is comprised of a lot more than a set of political people and ideas you don't agree with. There is a lot we take for granted. But most of all, this country is what we make it. I don't know how you can say that posting those pictures was a heartless attack on you. I really thought you'd see something you might identify with and help to ease your sullen mood. When I hear only negative talk, I thought it might help to reflect on the positive. If that's mean spirited, then I guess there's no point in continuing this conversation.

I'll leave you with this--I take it as an affront to my personal dignity that I am insincere or incapable of being sincere. Whatever your opinion of me, my sincerity should be readily apparent.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Y ou're right bizzy. Our rulers are imbeciles who can only dream of having the mental capacities that you do. Perfectly good reason to dislike your country and wish to immigrate.

I guess it was this snarky sarcasm that put me off. Clearly, if nothing else, we each respect and care a tad what the other thinks of us.

BB

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I watched some great exciting US Open action tonight. Great stuff with Nadal...and I'll have Federer to watch when I wake up.

Something hilarious happened today. My internet went out, and then when it got restored I got a phone call from a neighbor calling me "Sonia" (that's not my name), and telling me that she lost her landline phone (no dial tone). It took her about five minutes to realize that I am not Sonia. And then another person called and addressed me as Sonia. And then another. Turns out that the phone company was doing utility work today and connected my neighbor's phone line to my house, so I'm getting her calls. Meanwhile, I went over to Sonia's house and she says her phone doesn't work so she can't call the phone company to complain. And she's pissed because she's leaving tomorrow on a big holiday trip for Labor Day. Meanwhile, if I call my own landline phone number, it rings out with no one answering and my landline phone here does not ring. I wonder who has my line .... I hope they are not calling 1-900 phone sex numbers racking up a huge bill.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Leolaia: Sounds like they had to do some maintence on the lines and connected the wrong line back. I used to work for a telecommunications company, (ok, only call centre work but we did visit an actual telephone exchange as part of our training) the phone lines are about the width of a hair and usually a couple of hundred of them bundled together. Any calls made while the connection is wrong shouldn't be charged to you (pretty easy to prove as the date and time of the call is usually recorded). Still annoying though.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I like this guy! I bet I could make him a mess of fried potatoes and onions, with corn bread and a bowl of butter beans that would make him happy!

Doe I'm gonna just add one little thing to your discussion with Bizzy. It's because of all the wonderful things that make America, that some of us are heartsick in the first place. Because the talking heads and politicians out there are in danger of ruining it.

Now back to lube wrestling. (Thanks for the tip Bumble Bee)

• journey-on
    journey-on

Oh, gosh! I missed this last night.... Bizzy Bee won hands down with the mud-slingin'. (I feel sorry for you, dear. I really do. To actually think Americans are so stupid that we can only think and do what talking heads and politicians tell us is beyond belief. You truly don't perceive a lot of things and your inability to do so is what is making you heartsick.)

• beksbks
    beksbks

You really don't have a very broad understanding of how things work, do you JO? Ahh well, sometimes I envy you your ignorance. Ignorance is bliss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit