Cost cutting! The New world Translation is now a soft cover paperback! Mormon style!

by Witness 007 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cognac
    cognac

It's been that way for awhile now...

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I liked those bibles, pity about the trash inside those nice covers

• logic
    logic

I used the large print nwt but I hated it being hard bound was to hard to handle. I actually would have preferred the

paperback version. several years ago I bought the giant print kjv in leather . It was a very nice blble, got it for 30.00 bucks.

That sure beat having the piece of crap nwt bound for over 60.00.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Cool. Easier to recycle

+1

• cantleave
    cantleave

At least three years. Makes them easier to burn!

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I was looking at the second-hand books at St. Vincent De Paul thrift store this afternoon and I noticed a black NWT. It had the regular flex cover like the ones they used to put out in the 1980s. However, I noticed that instead of the sewn binding with signatures, it was glued like a trade-paperback, which is your better quality paperback. There was nothing inside to indicate when it was printed.

It used to be that the Watchtower books had quality binding, but this NWT, because the pages were glued to the binding and not sewn, will after moderate use have pages falling out. I did find an interesting book, which I purchased from Vinnie De Paul, The Catholic Answer To The Jehovah's Witnesses--A Challenge Accepted by Louise D'Angelo. Of interest is the Select Bibliography which includes a number of Wathctower publications. Surprisingly on page 177 is says: "Watch Tower publications have been quoted with permission from the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc."

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Fortunately for the uber-JWs, there are half-a dozen outfits out there that will put a snazzy leather binding on your NWT. They'll even monogram your initials on it too. They'll do your songbook too.

And the paperback books used for the book study, most dubs take them to Kinko's now and get them spiral-bound. Its sturdier and its easy to lay flat.

No Apologies

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Screw that, No Apologies. The horrible economy will get more and more to finally give in and do like the majority of JW's.
    Get a new Bible as often as you want. Forget a songbook at home, get another one. It's all good- hit the corporation in the wallet. And keep stacking those magazines in your car trunk until you have to throw them away. Do not reduce your order.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Calanders have been shrunk to half {less room for hours}

It's nice to see they've finally made a change that makes sense.

W

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

On The Way Out - If you collect magazines in your trunk and later throw them away, make sure to count them as placements on your monthly service report, otherwise service overseer hounder will see a huge number on order and few placements. Any hounder worth his weight would jump on that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit