Cost cutting! The New world Translation is now a soft cover paperback! Mormon style!

by Witness 007 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Calanders have been shrunk to half {less room for hours} Awake is now monthly, The Watchtower has a "Witness only" edition and now.....the Bibles are soft cover like the "Book of Mormon".......less cash out I guess.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

any pic links?

• sacolton
    sacolton

Cool. Easier to recycle.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

My wife has a soft cover 'mini-bible'.....

• undercover
    undercover

I thought these had been out for awhile? I went to the Memorial back in, um, whatever month it was, and someone sitting near me had a paperback Bible. It was quite cheap looking.

I can understand going paperback on your 192 page books, especially the ones you're really trying to push on the public. But to cheapen the Bible, of all books. The Holy Scriptures, inspired by your God Jehovah...and you can't afford to put a nice binding on it? Sad, really...

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

No not soft cover leather I'm talking BLACK SOFT CARBOARD!

• blondie
    blondie

How long have they been in paperback?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Blondie......I just saw then last Saturday at the Meeting. The cheaper ones used to be hard cardboard....the better ones were leatherish!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I saw the paperback Bibles a couple years ago. They had to switch to them when they totally ditched the hardcover books years ago, but were still moving older stock from the warehouses. The warehouses were emptied. The gold-edge Bibles they used to make in red or black were actually such good books that the JW's have been holding on to them, so the paperbacks have come out slowly. Many JW's have been protecting their older Bibles by just reading their scriptures quoted in the WT literature and leaving the Bible in their bag. (Get it?) This is an image to help you imagine it. The cover would be dog-eared if this was going in and out of a "service bag." Just get out a well-used paperback dictionary and you will understand.

These books will not last long, WTS is counting on the JW's to be the only ones who want them these days, so they won't be "placed" often.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

have the gold leaf red/black bibles finished?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit