Cost cutting! The New world Translation is now a soft cover paperback! Mormon style!

by Witness 007 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Xavier1
    Xavier1

Hello,

here in Switzerland, Geneva, (short part of the country where the people speak french) we can buy "à la maison de la Bible" Bible store and Bible society, a special edition Segond21 in french, with a soft cover paperback for usd 2.00 it's realy cheap. And it appears that this bible society sell more items in one year as usual.

Xavier

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I see that they have also saved the cost of the brackets they used to have around the word "other" several times in Colossians 1.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

now maybe we can have a kid's size bible

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

Strange, I was walking to my car after work one day a few months ago and came across a stash that a homeless person had left. There were three of these paperback new world translations, they had been out in the rain and were sopping wet. I hesitated about what to do, you really don't want to take the comfort away from someone that is that destitute, but then I thought about the fact that they prey on the most vulnerable of people, and I picked them up and tossed them out. I wondered at the time how long they had been out in paperback, they looked pretty cheap

Ada

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

They been in paperback for around 2 years.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

yes if you are special you can have your bible and reasoning book bound together in a handsome zipped leather cover with a gilded edge.

• trueblue
    trueblue

Not to change the subject but I realized that you can get the NWT online, and read it very efficiently with an iPhone.

No Apologies brought up a point that got me thinking sense there are outfits that will snazzy up your books. May be that is some sort of way to get more money out of the public. You know like if you sign up for something that is free on the web you end up having to buy something else? The word free is a lure to trap you.

In the bible times they had no bibles. The scriptures where written on scrolls, and kept @ one place.

You never heard of Jesus or the disciples carrying books?

• Pineapple
    Pineapple

A few years ago as they were transitioning from hard to soft covers... i ordered a "my book of Bible stories in german... when i got it it was BLUE hardcover! like they were trying to use up old extra hardcovers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit