by YoYoMama 47 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Yeah right, JT is "babbling"

I guess "babble" is now some code word for recounting the
    false prophecy, broken promises and lies of the Watchtower
    Society.

Again, you don't get it, do you? If you lie and deceive people
    YOU ARE UNTRUSTWORTHY! If you prophecy falsely, YOU CAN'T BE TRUSTED.
    Their word is worthless. Isn't it amazing that normal, rational
    people will believe and put up with this nonsense while
    they would reject any BUSINESS that acted this way?

metatron

• Erich
    Erich

flower:

...there is no way that your way of thinking and what you are doing is acceptable to them. if your circuit overseer knew that you were spending your time here you would be disfellowshiped in a heartbeat and you know it. so dont be trying to pass yourself off as a real witness.

Believe me: I WILL STAY AS A WITNESS FOR JEHOVAH !
    And posting in this forum, or not posting in this forum, is exclusively by own business. All OK. ??
    (even then if the CO would go the disfellowship me and my familily!)
    Hope U'd understood...

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Freepeace, I have to agree with you on this one. Witnesses are persecuted? How so?

I don't see anyone getting beaten as they go to their Kingdom Halls. No one harrasses them while they are proselytizing door to door. Courts uphold their right to practice their religion as they wish.

Persecution?

The only time that Witnesses are persecuted is when ALL religious groups are being persecuted. They don't get singled out. I haven't heard of any congregations forced to meet out in the woods for fear of being "persecuted".

Get real. The persecution thing is totally fictitious. After all, the Bible says that true believers would be persecuted, so JWs feel they MUST be persecuted....yeah, right!

As a matter of fact, let's compare the "persecution index" on this board and an active JW board. JWs post here freely. Former JWs are immediately banned from the active JW boards. Who is being persecuted? Certainly not the JWs.

• Flip
    Flip
    And tell me how can you can come to a conclusion why the Witnesses were persecuted in Germany and Ukraine?

European culture frowns upon the appearance of Western business domination. When a religious corporation such as the WTBTS with controlling interests centered in the United States of America tries to muscle in on the turf of countries with sensitive political and religious histories and announces their organization as God’s only earthly Theocracy, it’s shouldn’t be surprising to expect some knuckle dusting instigated by centuries of deep seated social views.

Have no fear Fred, when ‘persecution’ or as they say in the business of religion, ‘preservation of Gods market share’ is exercised; the WTBTS will put these open expressions of altercated perspective to good use and milk the results for all it’s worth in their publications.

Flip

• AMarie
    AMarie

Freddy Boy:

I realize that Jehovah's Witnesses WERE persecuted in the past, such as in WWII by the German Nazi's, etc. I think that it was downright horrendous for ANYBODY to die due thier religious conviction and for not serving an evil, twisted man such as Hitler.

What I am referring to by the JW's "bad treatment of other people", is by the way they treat those who do not agree (for example, shunning we "apostates"). Just because we once were Witnesses and chose to leave for good reason, we are now labled as being evil. We turned away from a religion that was personally very bad for us, mentally, emotionally, etc. and we get cut off from the people we love the most? That is downright fucked up.

For god's sake, we live in a free world/country. You are given the choice to practice any religion you want, which happens to be the Jehovah's Witness religion, so let us do the same and worship god the way we want to. You only get degraded by apostates because of the way you persecute US, then you turn around and act like a victim.

This may be a hard concept for you being as brainwashed as you are, but one size DOES NOT fit all when it comes to religion.

AMarie

• ISP
    ISP

.....There is usually a good reason for it!

BTW the Salvation Army got banned in Russia...I believe.

ISP

• rhett
    rhett
    Basically then Witnesses are persecuted because they teach from the Bible.

No, because they live out their sick and twisted version of a sick and twisted book.

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• mommy
    mommy

Yoyo,
    I am curious as to why you chose that name, if you said before I missed it, would you mind sharing? As to your question, why are JW's persecutted? I had this discussion with my mom a couple months back, and she had to come to the conclusion that JW's aren't the only religion persecuted. I think even you can do a general search on the net and see that other religions feel they are as well.

I agree with alot of comments made by the other posters here though. Alot of the persecution is brought on by themselves(the JW's) They feel in order to meet up to the standards of the bible then they must have this brand as well. Many people handle telephone salesman very rudely, do you feel they are persecuted? There are many jokes out there condeming their activity, and even bans against them. But if you look at it, they are putting themselves into a situation to be irritating to others, so they are bringing it upon themselves.

As far as actual persecution there is very little of that going on here in the USA, and other advanced countries. In third world countries there is more, but again this is against all religions, not just JW's. The newspaper articles that mention the faith of the condemed, that is usually mentioned with any active memeber of a church. Most reporters will do a background check, including the church attended, so they can get a witness account or interview.

As far as you and Erich coming here and chatting, I have no problem with that. When I first started posting I had a problem with active JW's coming here, because I saw you as hypocrites. I know as a JW I would never have come here, let alone become an active memeber. I guess I took myself very seriously as a JW, and actually did what the governing body told me to do. But since leaving I guess it is my fault for following man so closely, and not listening to my heart. I am glad you can step out of the box and not allow them to control you 100%, that may add some "life" to you years Do not think others will not call you on this though. There are many here who gave 100% and then had so much taken from them, when they revealed themselves. If you continue to hide and come here, then I think you are safe. I wouldn't broadcast it though, you know how pesky the elders get when they are trying to keep their flock clean
    wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit