MY LYING MOTHER IN LAW

by iknowall558 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Lorraine, I'm sorry to hear of this turn of events in your life.

Exiting from a cult can put a lot of pressure on a marriage; some people seem to lose all points of reference. I hope an amicable agreement can be reached between you. I'm glad you have friends nearby for support.

Take care.

x

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Update:

My MIL phoned me this morning. She was actually concerned for me and the boys, which is good, and is willing to help in practical ways if I so need. I will take everything at face value for the moment. I thanked her for phoning and appreciated that she did. I was very emotional the other day but I still stand by what I said. Any JW relative of a DF or DA family member cannot possibly say something like ..."All that matters in life is FAMILY".

It is nothing more than a lie in practice, and like I said before, the WT would never allow it's individual members to hold to this when it teaches and expects them to fully uphold the shunning policy no matter the circumstances.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I think the fact that it's taken her to today to get in touch is very telling. I wonder if she had to have a 'meeting' with Hobo's elder brother before she was allowed to contact you.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

PP I mentioned the time scale in phoning and went through all the people who've been helping me from the off. I emphasised that these were people from the church.....this small part of Bablyon the Great whom she took time to criticise the other day because they allow people to attend when they're not married etc and not conforming to the Bible.

I did mention P and A and their lack of contact........to the boys!!

I'm not interested in hearing from 'uber elder' and told her so ; they are not my family and I want nothing to do with them. If he cant even phone up his 11yr old and 7yr old nephews to see how they are then it's much worse than I thought. They can stew in their own juice and enjoy their time in the ministry this week knowing that as long as they are showing love AMONGST THEMSELVES, then God is delighted with him.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

((((((((HUGS)))))))))

• nelly136
    nelly136

one thing i've learnt from my jw family, expect nothing and you'll never be disapointed, kids can survive and thrive quite nicely without grandparent input and sometimes its better without.

am glad you and ken are putting on a united front, right now thats all that matters. and kudos to your friends who are helping out. i hope everything gets easier for you soon. its not easy bringing up kids on your own so its nice to hear youve got a support group even if it isnt 'family' as such.

• hotspur
    hotspur

He said that within a year our 'family will be heading for disaster'.

Makes you wonder what he knew and what did or didn't do. Did he mean your immediate family or did he include himself, MIL, etc? Did he shirk some kind of "Elder" duty? Did he want it fall apart?

My thoughts are with you......

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I know this isn't easy right now.

But is is kinda exciting...beginning a new life. You have more of an idea of what you like and don't. What you want, what you don't want. hehehe..Life can be good.

lisa

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Hotspur, My super elder brother in law, the same one who testified against Hobo at both JCs, made this damning prophecy against Me and Matt and my two children. He was basically telling us that because we were leaving the 'Truth' then we were leaving 'Jehovah' and so, Jehovah and the Holy Spirit would not be with us. In fact the other elder with him, (Ronnie Hunter), already had a scripture ready to read, and explained to us that ............" IF god was with you, this is what would be happening...."

So they both were assuming that god had left us and because of that, then our family was headed for disaster.

Nelly thanks I have the best friends ever.

Lisa Its still hard to think that far ahead but I agree and I can see my life being good again.....

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Hotspur, My super elder brother in law, the same one who testified against Hobo at both JCs, made this damning prophecy against Me and Matt and my two children. He was basically telling us that because we were leaving the 'Truth' then we were leaving 'Jehovah' and so, Jehovah and the Holy Spirit would not be with us. In fact the other elder with him, (Ronnie Hunter), already had a scripture ready to read, and explained to us that ............" IF god was with you, this is what would be happening...."

Standard stuff; probably someone says it in every congregation every time someone else leaves "the truth". And truth be known, it's not a bad bet when someone is changing their life so dramatically. Hell, it's a 50/50 bet in any marriage anyway.

It's just the self-righteousness and arrogance and hypocricy that is galling when JWs say it; as if A) Witness marriages never fail, and B) most Witness marriages are worth staying in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit