My mother's friend's sister's missionary cousin says Harmageddon is immminnenet

by daniel-p 62 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Hikaru: Its so close you can stick out your tongue and touch it. Try it if you don't believe me!

But wait until it's frozen, that would be sooooo much more fun to watch!

• Satanus
    Satanus

It sounds like a joke, to me. How can anyone, or even the gb guys know when jehovah is ready to end it? They claim to be spirit directed, not spirit inspired, although, i don't see the difference. Judging by their record, i would bet the opposite of whatever they say, cuz they've been wrong, every time. You may have missed the big panic leading up to 1975. For almost 10 yrs, the wt published all kinds of stuff about how the end had to come in the middle of the seventies, cuz the world was running out of food, cuz of the increase of crime and war, the tensions between the usa and russia. etc, etc. Yet, here we are, doing just fine.Lots of food.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

It sounds like a joke, to me. How can anyone, or even the gb guys know when jehovah is ready to end it? They claim to be spirit directed, not spirit inspired, although, i don't see the difference. Judging by their record, i would bet the opposite of whatever they say, cuz they've been wrong, every time. You may have missed the big panic leading up to 1975. For almost 10 yrs, the wt published all kinds of stuff about how the end had to come in the middle of the seventies, cuz the world was running out of food, cuz of the increase of crime and war, the tensions between the usa and russia. etc, etc. Yet, here we are, doing just fine.Lots of food.

S

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Hikaru,

Anybody that has the strength to have hot pink hair shouldn't suffer that badly from anxiety

especially from what's posted from danielp's mother's friend's sister's missionary cousin.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I am so sorry you are going through this Hikaru... It is not real. The watchtower uses fear to keep you under thier thumb.

I remember being in 3rd grade, and a storm raged outside my classroom windows. I froze in fear, because it reminded me that armageddon would be coming soon. I worried that if this was really armageddon, how would I get home? How would my Dad get home? Well, it wasn't armageddon. I was told that I would probably never finish High School, because Armageddon would surely come before that time.

I am now 57 years old. I will be attending my 40th High School reunion next month. I have 2 grown children and 4 grandchildren.

Don't let the watchtower rob you of your life. They have been predicting this stuff for over 100 years. They make a lot of money doing it, and they have no idea what they are talking about. Not one single thing that they have predicted has happened. Not one.

Live your life!

They can only fill you with fear if you let them. People have let the watchtower rob them of careers... and family... My own parents went together for 10 years before they married because the watchtower said you shouldn't marry because armageddon was right around the corner, and they should wait. They regretted listening to the wt. They lost 10 years together that they could not get back. In my generation, many did not have kids because the watchtower said they should wait till after the big A. I'm glad I didn't listen.

Hon, I think you need some counselling. Please consider it. It's not healthy to think the way you're thinking.

Coffee

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Hikaru:

Here is the thing:

Armageddon is not a real event; it is the figment of a writer's imagination from ancient times.

The odds are that the writer(s) did NOT mean Armageddon literally, but used it as a literary device, apocalyptic. Google apocalyptic, and eschaton; read as much as you can. That should help you to realize that other life events may kill you, but Armageddon will most certainly NOT come and kill you.

1. Car accidents

2. Lightning strikes

3. H1N1 flu

Those things might kill you; Armageddon is not real, ergo it CANNOT kill you, unless you obsess so much over it you give yourself a coronary.

The Bible was never meant literally; don't continue making the mistake of thinking it is actual history, of either the israelites or Jesus and his followers.

P

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Hikaru,

the post from coffee_black is true and powerful.

I remember when I was disfellowshipped and I went to the Memorial.......well, when I got there the door was LOCKED!!!

This huge amount of fear took over me, worse than ever as I could only think of the talks of how someday the door would be closed, many would try to get in and could not.

I was sure I was doomed......even worse than being disfellowshipped.

That was almost 20 years ago, I know how it feels to be so fearful.

You have to decide what you want to do, sitting on the fence is really difficult.

Anyway, when I got reinstated many years later, I told the PO about the time I tried to get to the Memorial and the door was locked and he said .......Yeah, we had a problem with the lock and it did that sometimes, we finally replaced it.

• RR
    RR

I think it's safe to say that someday, they may get it right!

• Open mind
    Open mind

I would definitely nominate this for the Top 100 Best Thread Titles of JWN History.

Thanks daniel-p.

om

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I would definitely nominate this for the Top 100 Best Thread Titles of JWN History.

Thanks daniel-p.

I'm honored by the very high complement, OM. Although I think it went off rather well, myself, I never expected it to be blessed with the perfect irony of someone demanding to know if the chat was real. I think I died a thousand deaths laughing, although feeling very bad, because I do feel sorry for the poor young lady.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit