Have you called your mother lately?

by beksbks 40 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

My mom is pretty cool. 81 years old and still going fairly strong.

My older sister was the first one to leave the Dubs in our 3rd Gen JW family. When she left, she was about the only one. Ohh some distant cousin that I had never met, but everyone else in our extended family was IN. When I got to be about 18, I left too. Had been numbingly shy until then, all of a sudden I went wild. Left home, left town, never went back to the Dubs. Mom fretted and there were storms and battles with both of us, but being in another town really helped. Then my brother, the oldest of the three of us, and an Elder, DA'd himself. Very much in the open, no fading there. Mom started taking flak. She still had the nerve to have a meal at this house! Dad was just kind of along for the ride as always. Finally through a series of pretty messed up events, they told my parents that if they didn't stop associating with thier son, they were going to be in big trouble. So, my mom, she decided they could go to hell. No way was she gonna give up her kids. She and Dad (at her direction ) they wrote a letter of DAing, and were treated like shit by the entire family ever after. Her dearest sister and other siblings even told her she was not welcome at her mothers memorial.

Anyway, my mom's pretty cool.

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

jelous.... my mom has had many opportunities to choose her children or even herself over the borg and she hasnt bitten yet

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

What a wonderful story. I am so happy for all of you! Your Mom is pretty cool, indeed.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I hope that I'm as cool a mom as your mom Beks

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Awesome mom! I'm with her I'll never give up on my kids as well.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Wow! Cool older sister to get out amidst all the family pressure! Your mom sounds like a rebel - good for her! To go against the grain of a long family history takes some real strength of character.

She deserves to enjoy the peace and love she has earned.

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Your mom sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing your family experiences.

Rachel

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

I haven't spoken to my mother for about a month, she called because she needed me to do something for her. That is the only real reason that she had called in the last year, because at that time she was questioning me about why I was not going to meetings and half of my answers to her sounded like I was an APOSTATE! Yes, I was out, and trying to get her to think for herself for the first time in 32 years.

The Borg have her so well programmed that she would rather blindly obey a group of old delusional men that she doesn't even know, rather than have a natural, loving relationship with her 2 children. I haven't tried to talk "the truth" with her since, fearing she would turn me in for APOSTACY. My sister has been DF'ed for 20 yrs, I just kind of walked away in July of 06. The elders know where I am, but as of yet, have not contacted me.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome, Out at Last!

Love,
    Baba.

• RR
    RR

my momma's dead and I don't think they have phone service where she's at.

Now my "old man", he's still alive and kicking, and reminds me everytime I call. "How ya doing pop?" ... "I'm still here"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit