Have you called your mother lately?

by beksbks 40 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I called my mom on July 13th to let her know about a death in our family. She said that she would stop shunning me if I came back to Jehovah. Well, I've been out or about 21 years, so that's NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!

Good for you and yours, beks. There are so many of us who wish our mothers had the same common sense and compassion as your mother!

Welcome out at last and exjwbennymcd1978!

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Blondie, your mother does not deserve to be called your mother, just the lady who gave birth to you. I actually fault her more than her sick husband, because as your mother she should have protected you first and foremost. That's not a mother, that's a sick, selfish woman. I am deeply sorry for what you have had to endure at the hands of those monsters. I am deeply impressed that you recognize their toxicity and have cut them out of your life.

My mother is very much indoctrinated, but she is glad to hear from me every so often. I finally am at a point in my life where it doesn't cause me great pain to think of her. I love her, but I realize she is not, nor will she ever be, a role model, or the mother I want and need her to be. I am a role model for her. It's almost like I'm the parent and she is the child. She is so incapable of thinking for herself, so fearful of opening her mind lest Satan take it over. I am sad for her, but also believe she has been this way for so long that it would kill her to realize it was all for nothing. Part of me hopes she lives out the rest of her days believing the JW's are true, so that she doesn't have to deal with the pain of all the unnatural things she has done in the name of Jehovah.

She has been downright cruel many times, not motherly at all, because she thought that is what Jehovah would want. But I'm finally at a point in my life where I don't fault her for it. I fault the men in charge of this horrible religion, who continue to mislead vulnerable people like my mother. They are bloodguilty, as far as I am concerned. They should be hoping there is no God, because that day of reckoning is not going to be pretty!

Rachel

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I rarely ever see my own parents anymore. I faded a few years ago, and have to lie about my meeting attendance when I do see them, which is why I try to avoid seeing them whenever possible. They are both so hopelessly brainwashed. They shunned my brother when he was df'd, and would do the same to me.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

What I wouldn't give to talk to my mother even for a few minutes....sigh.... She died when I was 25. She was a spit-fire and still a jw...but I don't believe she would have shunned me. I still miss her terribly.

Coffee

• Gregor
    Gregor

Yes, Mom is a candidate for sainthood and she would be the first to say so. Her children have never had any conflicts with her nor have they ever had a harsh word to say about her. She has never been in the wrong about anything nor has she ever apologized for anything.

She has never caused uneccessary family friction or exacerbated friction amongst her family. She has never got on the phone and started building a case against another family member who spoke up when she treated them shabby.

Yep, she's just about perfect and I love her anyway.

• Priest73
    Priest73
    Yep, she's just about perfect and I love her anyway.

let me guess. She's a democratard? That or a former Jehoma Williams?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Dude. Respect the mommas. Even evil capitalists love their mommas (favorite line from 3:10 to Yuma).

BTS

• Priest73
    Priest73

sorry.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Last Thursday. She's in (gasp!) a Southern State, about the last notch in the Bible Belt. She really would like to live where there are restaurants.

I don't think she would ever take the drastic step of leaving the bOrg. But she isn't blind to their failings, either. When she disagrees, she keeps it to herself unless asked - and then tells the truth.

I don't see that she would ever shun me, and indeed, I think I just actually realized that for the first time. She knows everything about me, and loves me anyway.

She's never let doctrine get in the way of what she felt was right. I'm not quite sure how she gets away with disagreeing, but she does. Maybe because she manages somehow to be completely honest while being very kind at the same time. I think anyone that tried to give her a hard time would be shamed by everyone around them.

Yes, I've called mom, and will call again this week...

• musky
    musky

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Beksbks. I think your mom must have raised you kids to think for yourselves, and question things that don't make sense. My mom must have gotten that through to me too when I was growing up. She just doesn't seem to be able to see through the errors of the Watchtower teachings. She likes to feel content and safe with what she has believed for so many years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit