Have you called your mother lately?

by beksbks 40 Replies latest jw friends

• exjwbennymcd1978
    exjwbennymcd1978

i remembered my mothers birthday and called her on the same day ~ a personal best

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Great Beks. Kewl indeed.

Like RR, my dear mother is passed on. I wish I could call her.

Good reminders here - if your mom is alive and inside, never give up on her. If she is alive at all, call her. You won't regret either choice methinks.

Jeff

• Heaven
    Heaven

beks... glad you have a cool Mom. I wish things could have been different for mine. She was pretty cool before the cult. After joining, she just withered away. I sure miss her.

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

What a mum beks! she sounds great! A mum that really has been through it for her children and said to hell with the cost- now thats the kind of mum I aspire to be for my boys!

• blondie
    blondie

No calls to my mother who enabled my father to sexually molest his children. No remorse on her part, it was totally necessary to make sure my father did not leave her, she says.

• Satanus
    Satanus

My mother has been in closed systems all her life. The wt system where she passivly submits to everything. If the wt told her to, i believe that she could kill her kids. Before that, she grew up as an old time mennonite. It's basically the same patriarchal way as is the wt. As a result, she has the emotional development of a teenager. She's like a black hole that sucks the energy out of you. Since she cut me off when i was dffed, i have absolutely no time for her.

S

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

That's cool beks. While we're at it, let me give a shout-out to my mother the BEST MOM EVER! We're like mother-daughter and sisters and best friends all rolled into one shiny cool package. We left the dubs together and we're living together now. And I've got an awesome brother who's out, too. The three of us have always been close.

• Priest73
    Priest73
    Wow! Cool older sister to get out amidst all the family pressure!

And a Wise Older Brother.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Thank you for sharing this story. It is very encouraging. I'm so glad that all of you escaped.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

Like RR I would need a seance.

My mum was very small minded and despite the fact that she rarely if ever went out on the door knocking, she couldn't handle the thought of any of us leaving the stupid cult.

My father has had several opportunities to redeem himself over the years and he has pissed all of his chances away. We are going back to the UK in August and I doubt that I will see him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit