How Can Someone Who's Multiple-Chemical Sensitive Find a Paying Job?

by Spike Tassel 39 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly136
    nelly136

http://www.learndirect.co.uk/

http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/

do they have the equivalent of these where you are?

over here colleges and uni's allow you to do courses from home at your own pace from your own computer, it may be worth checking out your options where you live.i think you may be able to use the uni sites here but will probably have to pay for courses.

another alternative may be to utilise skills you already have and freelance on an ad hoc basis, if youre getting medical pension you may have to check with them to see what youre allowed to earn without it interfering with your current income.

• yesidid
    yesidid

(Asperger's, multiple-chemical sensitivities, sleep dysfunction)
    No kidding?

Nathmediah Just wondering if that is your normal bed-side manner? Is that how you are being taught at med school now? y

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't know if Spike is a "legitimate" poster or not. I haven't been paying much attention to things around here lately. But the question is still a valid one and could assist some.

Because of my own experience with the "health care" system here which allowed several of my health problems to go untreated for many years, I won't comment on whether or not Spike is legitimately ill. Sigh. I still remember the day when I went to my doctor with a jar of blood and shit and slammed it down on his desk to finally prove to him that I wasn't "making it up to get attention", and thus didn't require a shrink. The problem was in my ass, not my head, and NO - they're not in the same place, contrary to popular opinion. No one should ever have to go that far just to get some tests done.

There are a lot of work at home opportunities provided you have the skills. Consider web design, games programming, 3d modelling and animation, architectural visualization, or something along those lines. Some of these can have a long learning curve which must be considered, as well as the initial costs.

W

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Sure would be nice if we had some kind of social safety net so Spike doesn't starve to death. In the Libertarian/Republican world (as evidenced by Outlaw) poor Spike would be put out in the cold and forgotten about.

• blondie
    blondie

In my state, anyone with a diagnosed problem like this would be registered as disabled and there is a state agency that works with you to find an appropriate job and training. I would check into that in your area.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Has anyone noticed how many jws are "multiple chemical sensitive?" I have to wonder if it's a real ailment.

• nelly136
  • DaCheech
    DaCheech

are there not state agencies that will help people like spike get financing to get a college education!

unlike, the JW way (where getting rich is a get get rich quick scheme), getting rich takes alot!

I have worked (as a foreigner with grammar problems, and an accent) since I was 10 years old.

now I own a business and I don't have a boss behind my back!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"are there not state agencies that will help people like spike get financing to get a college education!"

I don't know about any state agencies that help with financing college education for the disabled (plausible) but in Indiana there is a program that helps disabled persons train for and acquire jobs, the program is thru the state's employment development office (WorkOne I think it is called) otherwise known as the unemployment office.

Maybe Spike's state has a similar program.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

mrsjones5, exactly!

thanks!

the only point is: you gotta do something to get something

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit