What response would you give to this JW illustration ?

by troubled mind 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• CandleSurgeon
    CandleSurgeon

If I am going to have to run like that there needs to be a real danger. Running from the fox/satan is running from an imaginary being. Even for someone who does believe in Satan the WatchTower certainly doesnt provide a sound way to run from the "devils influence" nor do they follow the bible.

CS

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

So, are they running away from Satan, or are they running toward the finish line(paradise)? It doesn't matter as long as they are running instead of thinking, right?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I would respond that it helps you to better understand the snares and dangers in this system of things.

Then I would explain how the illustration has also helped you to understand how Baalam's ass spoke to him.

Rub a Dub

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

But what if the rabbit ordered a rocket from Acme and strapped it to its back? That would show that fox! W.Once

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

I gotta go with Chalam on this one- shouldn't the rabbit 'stand firm' and have no 'fear' of the fox, sure the fox will get his meal now, but the rabbit will be resurected for not playing the foxes game! true?

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Make sure if you go with the response that the fox is purely imaginary, to mention that running so hard can cost you your life. If there's a threat, it's good to run, but at some point, you need to make sure you ARE actually being pursued or the only threat will be you running yourself to death.

• possible-san
    possible-san

Hi, troubled mind.

If I am you, I may ignore that mail.

First of all, Satan does not exist actually.
    (I interpret the Bible symbolically and figuratively.)

Satan exists only in his heart.
    So, Satan exists for him.
    This is fundamentalists' delusion.

Well, I like the following word which Jesus said.

“Go and tell that fox, ... I must go on my way today and tomorrow and the following day”
    LUKE 13:32-33 (NWT)

Jesus did not fear a fox.
    And he did not live his life, fearing a fox.

possible

• sspo
    sspo

Just tell them

Great illustration and as soon as i feel and see the fox running after me i will consider running away from him but at the present time

i'm just having so much fun with my real life.

• Farkel
    Farkel

troubled mind,

I've ever-so-slightly modified the story. All you have to do it turn around and fire it right back to the one who first sent it. Besides that, it makes a LOT more sense than the original version!

There once was an elder and a dubbie who had doubts about the WTS. Naturally, the elder fancied the dubbie for a bit of a JC, so he hid, waiting for the dubbie to come by, which is what eventually happened. The elder jumped out of his hiding place, and said with a smile, "Good afternoon, Brother!"

Without a word, the dubbie turned and was away in a blinding flash. The elder, not to be done out of his plan so easily, immediately gave chase. The dubbie ran as he had never run before. He ran under fences, he ran through bushes, he ran in and out of hollow logs, he even ran through the culvert under the road. The elder ran right behind the dubbie, so close that several times the dubbie felt the elder's hot breath on his tail.

Eventually, the elder began to tire out, and consequently gave up the chase. But, the dubbie ran until he was well out of sight, and then he ran a little further. Without a doubt, the dubbie was also very tired. In fact, he had never been so tired in all his life. But you see, the dubbie was running for his life, the elder was only running for his next JC.

So, next time you feel tired out, remember that the elder is running for a notch on his belt, . . . but you are running for your life!

Farkel

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Farkel, can I make you my guru?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit