What response would you give to this JW illustration ?

by troubled mind 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

My JW in laws send us these types of emails every once in a while . Never is there any real personal correspondence from them and it irritates me. I have sent emails back before critiquing the logic of some of their emails.

I will be sending a response to this latest one ,and I would appreciate some ideas .

I know many of you on this forum are so excellant with your words I would enjoy your input .

The first thing that came to my mind after I read the illustration was "I am so glad I am no longer on the endless tread mill of Witness logic that has you running forever from scary imaginary spirit beings "

Here is the sent email :

A Fable for the Last Days

There once was a fox and a rabbit. Naturally, the fox fancied the rabbit for a bit of a meal, so he hid, waiting for the rabbit to come by, which is what eventually happened. The fox jumped out of his hiding place, and said with a smile, "Good afternoon, Dinner!"
    Without a word, the rabbit turned and was away in a blinding flash. The fox, not to be done out of his plan so easily, immediately gave chase. The rabbit ran as he had never run before. He ran under fences, he ran through bushes, he ran in and out of hollow logs, he even ran through the culvert under the road. The fox ran right behind the rabbit, so close that several times the rabbit felt the fox's hot breath on his tail.
    Eventually, the fox began to tire out, and consequently gave up the chase. But, the rabbit ran until he was well out of sight, and then he ran a little further. Without a doubt, the rabbit was also very tired. In fact, he had never been so tired in all his life. But you see, the rabbit was running for his life, the fox was only running for his next meal.
    So, next time you feel tired out, remember that Satan is running for a meal, . . . but you are running for your life!

( I don't feel like I am running for my life anymore ...I am living my life now )

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

God is so nice to his people, isn't he?

• Farkel
    Farkel

:So, next time you feel tired out, remember that Satan is running for a meal, . . . but you are running for your life!

:What response would you give to this JW illustration ?

Ask them to name a time Satan ever ATE anyone.

Farkel

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

I like the analogy of the GB holding a fresh carrot in front of a rabbit (JWS ) better, to keep them all running in the same controlled direction,

whilst picking their pockets clean from any money they may have.

Now thats an illustration that carries some factual reality within itself.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

firstly I'd say i don't believe that Satan the Devil really exists and if he does show me actual evidence of his personage, then I'd say don't give me a load of bollox about "that's what Satan wants us to believe" I'd continue to ask, where does he reside? show me evidence of his existence? or at least point me in the direction of a friendly neighbourhood demon?

• artemis.design
    artemis.design

How about tell them about the fable of the boy who cried wolf. When the real wolf came no one believed him.

My argument is that JS have cried "Armageddon" so many times with false dates, that no one believes them. If it ever did come and we all died, JW would be directly responsible as that they cried "armageddon" so many times no one believed them. This makes doing the preaching work completly pointless.

This is what I say when I get the story of no one listening to Noah.

Arte:)

• JeffT
    JeffT

The rabbit is running away from a fox that exists only in his imagination.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Satan eats Jehovah`s Witness`s..?????????

.Hammer Head.

It would take a special kind of person to tell that story..

And..

.Doofus.

A special kind of person to believe it..

.....................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• DJK
    DJK

When I send my Beagle after the rabbit, the rabbit runs in a wide circle. Without fail the rabbit comes back to me and my shotgun. Most illustrations using a rabbit is the poorest illustration I can imagine.

And that's the truth!!!

• Norcal_Sun
    Norcal_Sun

LOL, my mom just sent me this today!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit