What response would you give to this JW illustration ?

by troubled mind 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't think Satan even wants mankind to fail. Satan wants mankind to succeed beyond what Jehovah wanted--and that by solving our own problems. And that is certainly not any threat to me.

On the other hand, Jehovah is the one threatening to destroy anyone not screeching around at 160 MPH from 5:30 in the morning to 1:30 next morning, at their own expense, threatening others that they too will die unless they join the wild goose chase. We are not running from Satan--we are running to appease that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag Jehovah--only to find out that there is no reward once you have died.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Classic "ying yang", polar flip.

Isaiah 5:20 (New International Version)

20 Woe to those who call evil good
    and good evil,
    who put darkness for light
    and light for darkness,
    who put bitter for sweet
    and sweet for bitter.

All the best,

Stephen

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

The illustration in the OP is completely divorced from reality. A rabbit would never be more than 50-75 feet from its burrow.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

And of course, if I was going to be a rabbit, I'd be this rabbit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCI18qAoKq4

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Billy's a viscous beast with sharp teeth.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Why put on the "armor of God" if you are just going to turn and run?

• Chalam
    Chalam

For real. Looks like the JW shield of faith isn't up to much, and it isn't, they are calling on the wrong name.

Ephesians 6:16 (New International Version)

16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

Luke 10:17 (New International Version)

17 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name."

All the best,

Stephen

• goonie37
    goonie37

Just email them back and say "THANK GOD I'M NOT THAT RABBIT!"

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Maybe it's a rabbit as in the chinese fire rabbit?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Dear Mom.

Thanks for your email. I must admit that I'm having a hard time understanding why you would send me this little fairytale. Was this supposed to be for my two-year-old daughter? Oh, that's right; I don't have a two-year-old daughter so this must have been meant for me. Do you think I am two? I know your reasoning skills have been severely stunted by years under strict mind-numbing control so that you think this makes sense somehow, but can you please attempt to communicate with me on the level of an adult? Do you send me this stuff because the only way left to defend the organizations life-robbing demands of faithfulness in spite of years of failed promises and prophecies is to abdicate responsibility for your own reasoning and you actually buy into this crap?

Seriously, Mom, you have a brain; it's just been turned off. I know that you could make up a better analogy than this one yourself. You were creative and loving once, you used to love to read and choose your own music. You loved to keep up with current affairs and could put up an intelligent defense for your own positions. Any argument you could come up with yourself would be sure to be more convincing and poignant than this Stepford JW Wife mindless drivel. Give it a try! Turn that incredible mind back on and think for yourself. Get mad at me and shout, but do it in your own words!

I anxiously await your response.

Love,

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit