I am having some reservations about Barbara Anderson

by JWoods 89 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
    TheListener

Thank you Barbara. I appreciate what you've done and continue to do.

• Gregor
    Gregor

The Big News thread is how I found this site. Someone called to tell me about it. I got caught up in the discussion and anticipation also. When it was revealed many were dissapointed if not downright angry. I felt the Big News was just fine. It was an important development and to this day I think it is important. The Borg continues to dick around with the blood issue details and the accumulative effect is an eroding of their credibility.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I hate threads like this for two reasons:

1. Because starting a thread about another poster instead of working things out via PM is tacky and violates my personal Internet etiquette.

2. Because I missed the original thread that spawned the present argument.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    1. Because starting a thread about another poster instead of working things out via PM is tacky and violates my personal Internet etiquette.

I started this thread (instead of a PM) because it was already a public issue.

I knew that my viewpoint would not be a popular one. So be it.

I think it might be worth mentioning that a couple of weeks ago, yet another rumor has gotten started that "this summer a great revalation of new light on the blood issue will be coming out from the society"... we shall see if that happens, in due time.

My point was, and remains, that starting sensational rumors and doing constant self-promotion really does no good service to the exJW community.

Sorry if anyone is offended by my opinion.

• Open mind
    Open mind

I strongly support Barbara's work thus far and appreciate the very large sacrifices she & Joe have made.

I'm reminded, though, of the flag-burning issue. IMO, veterans who "get it" strongly support an American's right to burn the flag. It's that freedom that they fought for. (In some cases. Let's not get into which, if any, wars are morally correct.) They may think the person is a jerk for doing it, but they strongly support his right to do it.

Similarly, one very important tangential issue here is The Argument From Authority. Barbara has already stated that she supports a person's right to disagree.

NO ONE, should ever be above question or scrutiny.

I'm with the majority here though that think Barbara didn't DESERVE the scrutiny, but let's never forget how precious the freedom is that JWoods (unwisely in this case, IMO) has exercised here.

Thank you to Simon for this venue and thanks again to Barbara for all her courageous hard work.

om

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

My point was, and remains, that starting sensational rumors and doing constant self-promotion really does no good service to the exJW community.

Which is an excellent point. There's just no need to name names, IMO, since the point applies to anyone and everyone. Also, most of us here are sharp enough to know who to apply it to at any given time.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It is quite annoying reading a whole thread, referring to another apparently deleted thread, and not being able to tell what any of it is about.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Man I just realised this thread is six months old!

• darthfader
    darthfader

SBF:

Yes... this thread is 6 months old... but it gets "fresher" by the moment..

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

A bit too sublte for me darthfader.

Do you mean to say someone bumped this thread because they have "issues" with Barbara Anderson again?

If that's the case then it looks like I missed the "controversy" twice over. Did I miss much?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit