I am having some reservations about Barbara Anderson

by JWoods 89 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    The good thing about us being out of the org is that you do not have to like everybody.

And we don't all have to agree on everything.

Freedom of thought, freedom of expression...those are good things.

• scotsman
    scotsman

I spent the evening with Barbara recently. She's an intelligent (and attractive) person with a whole lot of spark about here and a very interesting background. The work she does will I'm sure make a difference and I really didn't get the impression of her being ego-driven.

You go girl!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Like I said - this came as a matter of difficulty for me - but the words had to be said.

:cough: dramaqueen :cough:

Barbara is not only one of the most ethical people I know, she is just plain sweet as a person, and so is her husband Joe. On the other hand, Barbara is a full-grown woman and she carries herself accordingly. I don’t see a thing in Barbara’s reply you cite except for trying her best to be positive.

+100

• minimus
    minimus

If a person's reputation is very good, why put out a negative thread questioning their integrity?

• JWoods
    JWoods

Because those were my true feelings after reading that stuff from yesterday.

Don't hold back - I already put my flame suit on before I started this thing.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

"She's an intelligent ( and attractive ) person"

Sometimes, being attractive works against you. There is a jealousy factor that can come into play and also a lack of respect factor. Sad, but true, in these days.

Having never met her, I can tell from her remarks that her motive is great concern for the victims.

• scotsman
    scotsman

And feelings must be expressed?

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Minimus writes:

“I hope we accept our differences in a spirit of unity as opposed to creating divisions.”

There is much wisdom in that sentiment.

The strongest sort of unity is the bond of mutual respect maintained between individuals despite differences.

I do not know how to measure “division” (or not) in a social sphere as diverse, dispersed and unorganized as the millions of ex-Witnesses and Witnesses who recognize Watchtower is a worshipped god. But I can see the day-to-day bond maintained between full-grown adults who continue to respect one another despite relatively petty differences. These people put personality second and substance first. These also put personal preferences second behind substance. But people are still individual personalities, and we have to make room for personalities or else we are petty as a person.

Among the strongest contemporary social spheres, the sentiment expressed above by Minimus is to be found in full color, alive and thriving.

Marvin Shilmer

• JWoods
    JWoods
    And feelings must be expressed?

If one is honest, yes. They do have a way of coming out sooner or later anyway -

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Because those were my true feelings after reading that stuff from yesterday.

And you just HAD to share your TRUE feelings with the rest of us... because if they were TRUE feelings, they needed to be said, right? Who has the ego, I wonder?

Don't hold back - I already put my flame suit on before I started this thing.

Then you won't be offended if I say you just want you two minutes of attention for armchair punditry, commentating on a matter that you were not a part of.

You also won't be offended if I call you a DICK. Barbara is one of the most loving persons I've gotten to know on JWD and through email. She's done more for "the cause" than 99% of the people on JWD.

Have a little humility before you start throwing shit around, JWoods, you just might get covered in it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit