Hey...no more lurking...

by pmgirl 31 Replies latest jw friends

• SuspiciousMinds
    SuspiciousMinds

Welcome to the forum wifey!

I didn't realize my wife posted this but when I was doing my daily JWD reading I came across this thread and was astounded at the similarity to our situation. I started reading the initial post to my wife, and she burst out laughing saying it was her.

She's right - we did send a letter to an elder in our congo yesterday. It was not a DA letter per se, but we think there is a possibility they will view it as such since we made it clear we no longer believe the Governing Body / WTS is God's channel of communication, or the "foretold" faithful and discreet slave.

We were very clear on our views of the following topics:

Blood transfusions / blood fractions / dontating blood

1995 "Generation" change

Increasing number of Memorial partakers / 1935 / new "Generation" change

144,00 - literal or symbolic?

Armageddon - only JWs and minor children survive?

Jerusalem's destruction - 607 BCE or 586/7 BCE?

1919 selection

Anyway, I've said enough. We've decided to decline a JC invitation. We will likely join the ranks of former JWs soon. We are heartbroken that we might lose our families, but it is worth our freedom.

We can't wait to celebrate our first Christmas together!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum pmgirl and SuspiciousMinds

That was a wonderful first post.

Who gets to celebrate the first birthday?

Cheers

Chris

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Welcome guys - wonderful to have you here. Another brave couple about to hit a life of freedom. I hope the price you pay isn't too high.

We got out with half our family still intact, the rest....who knows what the future will bring. 2 years later and the pain isn't so bad.

Look forward to hearing more from you SOON!

Sam

• besty
    besty

sweet pea - is that you? what are you doing here? I never knew.....

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

Welcome to freedom!

• trebor
    trebor

It's great to read you both have 'officially' left the Watchtower Society. Freedom, clean conscience, honesty, integrity, justice, truth and better understanding are just some of the benefits gained by taking the steps you two have made.

-Trebor

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Welcome to you! (And both out at the same time...a minor miracle!)

• littlebird
    littlebird

Wonderful! Welcome to the rest of your new life in freedom!

• whoknows
    whoknows

Congratulations on your courage and a new life of freedom from a cult! Glad to have you here. Don't be afraid to post and ask for encouragement when you need it, you will find it here.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hi PmGirl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit