Over The Years Who Have Been The Society's Biggest Thorns In Their Sides?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

What site does Paul Blizzard run?

• undercover
    undercover
    Watchtower Observer was gigantic.

I remember when I first started questioning, I found that site. I found a lot of info there. It lead me here and to freeminds.

Thanks to Kent for that site, but even if the WTS is able to knock down one site like that, 5 others will spring up. The Internet in general is the biggest thorn in the WTS side. No...not the Internet itself...the truth...the truth about the WTS that is found on the Internet...that's big.

So everyone who has played a part in exposing the WTS is part of a collective thorn that the Society will never get rid of.

• minimus
    minimus

Watchtower Observer had it all. I miss that site. I don't know if the site exists on the net.

• blondie
    blondie

http://kent.steinhaug.no/forum/index.php

Here is his forum. It used to be more active. Occasionally people post.

• minimus
    minimus

U can't get on it...I can't.

• blondie
    blondie

I guess registration has been disabled. Only those registered before it was disabled can, such as matty and queen beetle. I can read the posts though.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Yeah Jesus is a BIG thorn. They even have to deliberately translate to serve their own purposes.

Have you ever noticed how uncomfortable and fidgety they get in a meeting if you talk about Jesus and say his name more than once??

HB

• ninja
    ninja

mr watters and freeminds rate highly

• willyloman
    willyloman

Hate to disagree but my opinion varies. A thorn in the side suggests a sharp pain causing discomfort. I really don't think the WTS gives a poop about critics. They learned a long time ago to deflect it with their "apostate" shield and it seems to work for the vast majority of their followers.

These are the same guys who invented to Persecution Defense so that new studies would be "prepared" for opposition from family and friends and view it, not as the helpful concern that it is, but as proof that they were learning the "truth."

• Gozz
    Gozz

willyloman: you're more than slightly mistaken. Take the reference to internet websites... people at my former address don't turn away JWs, they just point to a few really wacky things: details in the manual for elders: those details about how much touching - style and length and all - constitute a real sin. And about blood... And, the UN story which broke in 2001 (unfortunately, the 9/11 event damped much of that), and the recent child molestation issues. These are the things my previous neighbours would discuss, all the time. And one of them claimed to have spoken - briefly - with AlanF sometime in 2002. These people were exposed to the issues on the Internet; some of them were JWs, quite a few well-known; yet, the apostate shield didn't work for them. I doubt they would ever have dared to even think so loudly were it not for the easy access to the internet, and, of course, those WT critics who populated the internet with essays, discussions and analyses.

These efforts have yielded massive dividends; even the WT knows it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit