Over The Years Who Have Been The Society's Biggest Thorns In Their Sides?

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So is the Society after the minimuses and the OnTheWayOuts of the ex-JW community?

I would deny that it is my actual photo, this OTWO guy probably just uses a fake biography and has similar stories to me.
    Maybe he got a photo out of my photobucket, I used to use that.

I don't think they want to reveal themselves to small potatoes like me. I am not protesting and marching and I am not in the news.
    If I ever publish a book, well- they will probably get me.

Someone mentioned C.T.Russell. That was Rutherford's greatest thorn in the side. Hence the name change to JW's.

• minimus
    minimus

OTWO, it's too late. You're a marked man.

• JWoods
    JWoods

How about Al Gore? Didn't he invent the internet?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Min is not a dancing M&M. He's the 7UP Spot

His avatar used to dance, but that was when the board supported motion-based avatars. I used to have the dancing red M&M because I always smiled at it, but that was 2 hard drive crashes ago.

• minimus
    minimus

the good old days

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

My vote? The biggest thorns in their sides on this forum are easily "scholar" and "reniaa".

Biggest thorns in their sides throughout the history of Watchtower Corporation? Any of their own outdated publications. How many times have they replaced the "Truth" book now? Guess it wasn't filled with "truth" after all. They should produce their litteratrash with "freshness dates", "expiration dates", or even "self-destruct timers".

B the X

• minimus
    minimus

BonaFide, I wonder if the Society uses him??

• Chalam
    Chalam

Seconding Jesus. The WT don't like Him one bit.

To me He is precious 1 Peter 2 a pearl indeed Matthew 13:44-46

All the best,

Stephen

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

that's true Chalom, it's as if the WTS hates Jesus

• Farkel
    Farkel

In terms of the Internet, Kent Steinhaug would probably be the winner. Unfortunately, he had to take his site down several years ago due to health and money reasons. It cost a fortune to host that site.

Watchtower Observer was gigantic. It was more like the "Library of Congress" in the JW World. The WTS tried to take down that site many times, usually by threatening Kent's Internet Hosts. But they also threatened to sue him personally several times. He told them to go fornicate with themselves. That's the kind of guy Kent is.

People who have been around a while can attest to the power and influence of that site. Paul Blizzard's site didn't even come close to the amount of traffic Kent got. That's not to take any thunder from Paul's fine efforts and big contributions to the work at hand, either.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit