Who is the ruler of this world?

by PSacramento 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Mary,

2 Cor 4:3 and 4 says...

And even though our gospel is veiled, 2 it is veiled for those who are perishing,
    in whose case the god of this age has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that they may not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

This seems to say that he is the god of this age only to those who are perishing- those who he rules thru the means I mentioned above.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

DD,

Romans chapter 9 is, in a nutshell, Paul explaing why the Jews are NOT the only ones that are God's children and a such, not the only ones that are "qualified" for salvation, just being born a jew isn't enough.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Mary,

In 1Cor. 15:25-26 it states that Jesus must reign (rule) untill all his enemies are under his feet, the last enemy being death.

verse 24 before that states that AFTER Jesus has destrpyed every rule and authority and pwer, he will give the kingdom to God.

Jesus must rule first, which he started after his death as per Matthew.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PS

Romans chapter 9 is, in a nutshell, Paul explaing why the Jews are NOT the only ones that are God's children and a such, not the only ones that are "qualified" for salvation, just being born a jew isn't enough.

Rom 9:6

But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel;

Just being born of the flesh (even Jewish) isn't enough. One needs to be born of the spirit to be born of God. John 3:3-7

John 3:6

"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

DD,

I still don't see what it has to do with this thread....sorry....maybe I am just extra dense today ( going on only 4 hours sleep).

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PS

It's simple, God rules the whole world. Always has and always will.

Only His children follow Him.

Get some sleep friend

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

DD.

LOL !
    Good advice and agreed in all regards.

Could have just said so but NO, you need to make my brain work.....*shakes head*...

• reniaa
    reniaa
    2 Corinthians 4:4 (New American Standard Bible)

4 in whose case (A) the god of (B) this world has (C) blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the (D) light of the gospel of the (E) glory of Christ, who is the (F) image of God.

John 12:31 (New American Standard Bible)

31 " (A) Now judgment is upon this world; now (B) the ruler of this world will be cast out.

Ephesians 2:2 (New International Version)

2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.

2 Timothy 2:26 (New International Version)

26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

Reniaa

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Witnesses are pros at indoctrinating/scaring-the-beJezus-out-of-kids

Yes, and I can't emphasize enough how far reaching the damage can be, and my conscience will bother me all my life because I aided in the destruction of a family. My ex was studying with 3 kids ranging from 8 to 16 years old. Their Bahai dad was opposed, and their mom sat on the fence. My ex used to meet them during their school lunch break and bring them to my mom's house for the study™. Their dad eventually found out and raised hell. We convinced the kids their dad was influenced by the devil. Eventually they drove him out of the family home and ended any contact with him.

Remember, going to the kingdom hall or reading literature isn't the worst of it. That's how they will learn to shun you one day.

W

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

So reniaa

When are ya gonna eat what came down?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit