Who is the ruler of this world?

by PSacramento 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PS

Not sure what your point is...

My point is that God's children follow (are ruled by) God. The rest follow (are ruled by) Satan.

The JWs think that the flesh can will it's self to serve God. That's not what the bible teaches.

Rom 9:16

So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy.

• reniaa
    reniaa

1 John 5:19
    We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

Revelation 12:9
    The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

Reniaa

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Reniaa:

1John does NOt specify Satan as the evil one and even if it did, what makes 1John more valid than all the others that say Jesus and God have the authority over the world?

As for Rev, that was addressed already, in the passage from Luke 10:18.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

DD,

Ah, I understand where you were going with that line of reasoning now, thanks for clearing that up.

So, if I understand you correctly, flesh is corruptable and as such, can be ruled by Satan, but God's children that are in his spirit are not ruled by Satan, but by God through his son Jesus.

Yes?

• Mary
    Mary

Finally-Free said: I have a problem with this sort of behaviour, and would lay down the law. I would make it clear that: She keeps her cult propaganda away from my kids or I keep my kids away from her. No negotiation whatsoever.

I agree 100%. Witnesses are pros at indoctrinating/scaring-the-beJezus-out-of-kids and before you know it, your kids will be coming home telling you that if you celebrated Christmas or a birthday, you're a follower of Satan de Debbil.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PS

Don't you think Satan is ruled by God?

The JWs don't.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

PSac, exactly.

1 John 5:19
    We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

It says he controls the world- which he does thru the desire of the flesh, the desire of the eyes, and the showy display of one's means of life, to quote the NWT. But he is not the ruler of this world...nowhere does it say that.

Rev is used by the WT to say he was hurled down to the earth in 1914...again with no basis.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

DD,

Satan is subject top God's authority that was given to Jesus, yes I believe that.

FF and Mary,

Yes I made it clear that IF she wanted to share literature that she is to give it to me and not my 6 year old daughter or the 2 year old for that matter.

Funny thing, my little one said, sometime ago, that she wanted to go door-to- door and to go to the kingdom hall so she can serve Jehovah.

I explained to my mother that if she is to go to the KH I have to take her to a RCC too, its only fair ( she was not happy about that, LOL!).

My little one thought the only way to serve Jehovah is going door-to-door, even as a child, so I explaineds to her that Jesus, who was the SON of God, never went door to door as an adult, much less a child and that if Jesus, the SON OF GOD, didn't do it as a child, and only when he was 13 was he allowed to read the Torah (one assumes since the bible doesn't mention it at all) and only after 30 did he start preaching that, maybe, she shoudl wait till she was older.

She agreed.

• Mary
    Mary
    It says he controls the world- which he does thru the desire of the flesh, the desire of the eyes, and the showy display of one's means of life, to quote the NWT. But he is not the ruler of this world...nowhere does it say that.

Wow----that's an interesting concept. Never thought about it like that before. What about the scripture in 1 Corinthians 4:4 (I think) that says that Satan is the 'god of this System' or 'god of this world'......wouldn't that indicate that he's ruler of the world???

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PS

So, if I understand you correctly, flesh is corruptable and as such, can be ruled by Satan, but God's children that are in his spirit are not ruled by Satan, but by God through his son Jesus.

I'm saying you need to be born of God to be one of His children. Being born of the flesh like Esau doesn't make one a child of God

Rom 9:11

for though the twins were not yet born and had not done anything good or bad, so that God's purpose according to His choice would stand, not because of works but because of Him who calls,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit