Who is the ruler of this world?

by PSacramento 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Ok, so my Mom sneaked a WT literature into my kids pack when they stayed at her home on tuesday, the one that says that Satan is the ruler of this world.

So my little one Sofia shows me and says, "See Daddy, Satan is ruling this world".

I take a look and read the literature and I tell me little one that, "No honey, while satan can and does try to influence us and succeds many times, God is all powerful and God gace to his son Jesus, all the authority in heaven AND on Earth" and I showed her the passage from Matthew.

A also told her that, why we must never forget that Satan tempts us that he has no power over us, other then the power we give him, Jesus is our Lord and all power rests in him.

Of course, Today when I dropped her and her little sister at my Mom's ( she likes them to come over on Tuesday's and Thursday's), she was ready to ask if I had read that pamphlet, which I said I did, and of course she replied how Satan is the ruler of this system of things.

I countered that I know only one Lord and that is the Son of God Jesus, and I know only One God and no one else rules above them and asked my Mom where in the bible does it show Jesus and God SUBJECt to Satan.

As you can imagine, that went over well !!

LMAO !

I bring this up because of the thread on John 12:31.

So I ask, who is the ruler of this world in the biblical context?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

A few passages that state that Jesus is ruler of all:

Mat. 28:18

1Cor. 15:25-27

Eph. 1:20-23

Heb. 1:3-4, 8-9

Rev. 1:5

• Narkissos
  • Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PS

Are we talking about all mankind or just God's children?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Thanks for the link Narkissos, but I wanted to discuss WHO is the ruler not when and if there is a ruler, though I appreciate who interrelated they are.

It's true that in many cases Satan is NOT specified as being the ruler or "god of this system of things" and considering that there are times where he is named specifically, one wonder why he is not named speifically as the "ruler"...

Most JW take it back to the temptation of Christ by Satan when he offers all the kingdoms of the world to Jesus, how can one offer what he doesn't have?

Well, Satan is a liar and deceiver, that is the point, he lies and offers things he doesn't have.

When Satan met Jesus for the first time, in the wilderness ( I am referring to the MAN Jesus, for we have to assume that Satan was not up to speed with God's plans in regards to Jesus0 he must have been wondering, who is this guy? is he an angel like me? a prophet? how do I test him?

Of course in the end, Jesus sends Satan on his way.

Now, while Satan does say that the glory and authority of the worlds kingdom has been given to him, no where in the bible is this mentioned, correct?

It seems the be a typical lie of Satan to tempt Jesus into false worship.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

DD,

Not sure what you mean...

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I would say this goes more to the questionof "who's following who"

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Well, though I don't believe it to be so [because I reject the entire myth of Jesus vs. Satan], the official position of the Watchtower seems to agree with the official position of Jesus, by his own words.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/t22/article_01.htm

Jeff

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

my Mom sneaked a WT literature into my kids pack

I have a problem with this sort of behaviour, and would lay down the law. I would make it clear that:

1. She keeps her cult propaganda away from my kids or
    2. I keep my kids away from her.

No negotiation whatsoever.

W

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PS

Do you believe all men are God's children?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit