Went to a Unitarian Church on Sunday

by free2think 41 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

. . from a Fundamentalist point of view.

Fundie athiest...I kinda like that.

• free2think
    free2think

Well i enjoyed it.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Speaking of the Unitarian Church ....

Does the Korean guy still run it ??? Reverend Sun Yun Moon or something ???

Rub a Dub

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

RubaDub, are you making a joke?

Sun Myung Moon is the Korean founder and leader of the worldwide Unification Church. NOT UNITARIAN!!! Very, very, very different! Couldn't get much more different, I'd say. One is a cult and one is non-judgemental and very open to discussion!

Here is the Unitarian Universalist site: http://www.uua.org/aboutus/index.shtml

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

It was a philosopy class, plus an account of the real life experience of how one individual coped with extreme loss - Khalil Gilbraith.

I think I'll definitly go back. there was a pianist (dressed in old jeans and t-shirt) and it was marvellous to see how the ancient architecture lent a hauntingly beautiful ambience to the music. Magical is the word that describes it best. Stained glass leaded windows, old dark ceiling and a speaker from Boston. Coffee, tea and biscuits afterwards. We weren't ready for that so went next door for a late breakfast. I found myself humming the tunes for the rest of the day and felt very relaxed and at home in the world - quite different from a KH meeting - where self consciousness and dissatisfaction with one's input used to predominate

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

If I were to go to any church, I think it would be a Unitarian one.

Glad you enjoyed it free2think.

• quietlyleaving
  • free2think
    free2think

lol QL was still logged on.

Thanks Mickey Mouse

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    RubaDub, are you making a joke?
    Sun Myung Moon is the Korean founder and leader of the worldwide Unification Church. NOT UNITARIAN!!!

No Baba ...

This was one time I was actually asking a serious question.

I guess I should have googled it first.

Thanks for the correction.

Anyway, I guess then the Unitarians wouldn't be the ones to contact if you had a lot of friends wanting to get married at the same time.

Rub a Dub

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

RubaDub said:

No Baba ...

This was one time I was actually asking a serious question.

You have to admit... around here it's pretty difficult to tell who is joking and when!

Actually the Unitarian places feel pretty good. I have several friends who are involved in one capacity or another, and have been to two of the churches in two different states (neither visit was for a Unitarian service, oddly enough.) The buildings and the folks are warm and welcoming, however.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit