At the grocery store

by beksbks 102 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

We have recently been on an artichoke binge of sorts. Yummm. We looked at the Salmon steaks yesterday and decided $18.00 lb was a little pricey. We can buy a whole, wild salmon from the local Indians, freshly caught, for $5.00 a pound. However, the smallest is about 20 lbs. I would have to cut it up and freeze it. No room in our @%# narrow side-by- side freezer. We settled for 2 cans of Friskies Salmon delight. (kidding!)

Ahead of us in the checkout que was a young woman with a boy about 10. Her basket held several loaves of Wonder-type bread, pkgs of store brand weiners, bacon, bologna, mayo, Sunnydelight pretend orange juice, bags of potato crisps and miscellaneous cookies, cupcakes, etc. Not one item of fresh food. My wife and I exchanged looks and later talked about the fact that people eat what they can afford and they were raised on that kind of food. They wouldn't like artichokes even if they knew how to cook them. They'll survive.

My mother is the world champ for critiqueing what people eat. It's her religion.

You could have said, "was it dairy products that put you in the pooter scooter?"

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Beks, I was on the phone and couldn't reply to you. Look at your yahoo now if you signed out.

Just got home, going to take a long hot shower and then have a drink.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I just finished a 3 cheese Beef Enchilada..Made from scratch..

Goat cheese..Italian Paramason(The real thing!!)..And..Aged Chedder Cheese..

Oink!!

.......................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• beksbks
    beksbks

BabyGirl, did you know that long hot showers can lead to sex???

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I sure as hell hope so! I'm a horny bitch!! lol

• beksbks
    beksbks

My mother is the world champ for critiqueing what people eat.

She would never tell some stranger in the store something horrible like that though.

Outlaw! That sounds fantastic!

• beksbks
    beksbks

I noticed that I can get Salmon for 6-9 bucks a pound here, and up there it's outrageous! Doesn't it come from there??

• Marlene
    Marlene

I sure as hell hope so! I'm a horny bitch!! lol

I'm offended by that comment! I've been a "horny bitch" for the past 30 years, and now you treat my sad state so flippantly w/ a "lol" after it! ;)

BG- check your pm

• beksbks
    beksbks

Do I feel a group hug coming on???

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

LOL @ Marlene.

Beks & I made up "Bitch" style...lol

I can be a bitch....I'll be the first to admit it. I like to think it adds to my character...*sigh*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit