At the grocery store

by beksbks 102 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

So I just went to the store, and got a few items. Salmon steak, artichokes, potatoes, grapes, peaches, and goat cheese. The lady behind me (who was on one of those hoverounds) asked me what the little package was, I told her goat cheese. She said oh I've never seen that kind before. I told her it was my favorite, it's soft and mixes well with fresh herbs, and it's got less fat than most other brands. Ok, all well and good. Then she looks me in the eye and says "You know all dairy causes breast cancer don't you?". Now even if I thought that was true, do I need a lady at the store looking at my basket and telling me something like that???

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

My reply would've been: "And nosy bitches give me hemorroids"

• nelly136
    nelly136

but did you see what was in her basket and how it compared to yours on the healthy food stakes?

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I take it as a compliment when people look at my basket.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Nelly, I was really rather floored by her comments. I immediately started talking to the cashier and bagger instead. The only thing I noticed, was a pile of frozen entrees. hehe

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ohio I suspect you're being naughty!!

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Me? Naaawww...

• musky
    musky

That lady's basket was probably full of all kinds of unhealthy foods. Frozen pizzas, Cheetos, Oreos, gallon bucket of mint chocolate chip ice cream, bags of Hershey kisses....

Thats what would be in mine anyways ... Lol

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

Well, beks, lets make a deal. Let's start asking everyone who says inappropriate things to them just what their intention was and start a post. It really does amaze me how people I know give unsolicited advice of "facts," but for a random stranger to say such a thing to you is beyond ridiculous!

Anyway, maybe she should do a little more research before saying such things:

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=131

Dairy Foods' Calcium Protective against Breast Cancer

When French researchers analyzed the dietary intakes of 3,627 women using five 24-hour records completed over the course of 18 months, those with the highest average dairy intake had a 45% lower risk of developing breast cancer than women with the lowest average intake. When only pre-menopausal women were considered, benefits were even greater; those with the highest average dairy intake had a 65% reduction in breast cancer risk.

Analysis indicates the calcium provided by dairy foods is the reason why. Increasing calcium intake was associated with a 50% reduction in breast cancer risk for the whole population, and a 74% reduction for pre-menopausal women. Ann Nutr Metab. 2007;51(2):139-45. Epub 2007 May 29.

Practical Tip: In addition to foods made from goat's or sheep's milk, you can also increase your calcium intake by making sesame seeds; spinach; blackstrap molasses; and collard, turnip or mustard greens, regular additions to your healthy way of eating.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

She must be bored, and thats her only opportunity is to talk to people she runs into,,,,lol

So what was your response??????

the rest of your items sounded healthy....hehehe

Goat cheese I'd like to get some....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit