At the grocery store

by beksbks 102 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "You know all dairy causes breast cancer don't you?"

Don't tell my mother... I've been feeding it to her for almost six years now, and she is STILL healthy - with no signs of cancer. What dosage of dairy do you recommend to actually cause cancer?

In all reality though - your response - or lack thereof - was probably the best. The woman may have been - in her own awkward way - been trying to start a conversation.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Can you get The Daily Mail (hysterical UK misogynist right wing tabloid rag) where you live? They are on a mission to classify all non-living things into "things that cause cancer" and "things that cure cancer". Sometimes they put the same things in both lists. Maybe she has been reading it online......

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I can't believe your making such a big deal about it. There's been conflicting reports about dairy causing cancer. Maybe she was just being nice and mentioning that to you out of the kindness of her heart. Sort of a "sister to sister" type thing.

• undercover
    undercover
    The lady behind me (who was on one of those hoverounds) asked me what the little package was, I told her goat cheese. ...
    Then she looks me in the eye and says "You know all dairy causes breast cancer don't you?".

"That's too bad. By the looks of your cottage cheese thighs, you'll be dead in a week."

• Marlene
    Marlene

"You know all dairy causes breast cancer don't you?"

I would've just said, "wow, I had a double mastectomy a few months ago." Then just stared her down.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Maybe if all you bitches ever had BC you wouldn't be joking about it!

Maybe one day you will, and the government healthcare plan will take care of you ;)

• beksbks
    beksbks

What in the world is this about BG???

• Marlene
    Marlene

Maybe if all you bitches ever had BC you wouldn't be joking about it!

My mom, sis and I all battled BC. Having a sense of humor helps during recovery.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I'm a BC survivor and went through HELL with it. Joking about like you are doing is not funny the least bit and YOU know it! I just called you out on it and now you're trying to cover yourself.

• beksbks
    beksbks

What the hell does that have to do with a nosy woman giving unsolicited advice at the grocery store after looking over my purchases? Erroneous advice at that. While sitting in a hoveround to do her shopping for frozen dinners. I thought it was hilarious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit