Request To Write Governing Body

by silentlambs 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Then I must have wrote to you TR after you wrote a post that basically said "I'm spinning my wheels and I'm going to leave the Organization"

Facinating. I never would have guessed that was you.

Path

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Bill:

Since you are hellbent to DO SOMETHING, have you acted on my suggestion and filed an Amicus Curiae Brief with the USSC in the Watchtower v. Stratton case?

Pointing out to the USSC that the WTS has a policy of "encouraging" known, habitual pedophiles to engage in door-to-door field service would likely have a tremendous impact in this case where the USSC will decide whether local governments have the right to require JWs and other solicitors to provide identity info so that criminal background checks can be performed.

At this point in time, what would be a better use of your time and effort:

A letter writing campaign to the GB?

OR

Filing a Brief in this USSC case?

If you have in fact done so, or are in the process of such, please let us know.

Well...???

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Anyone recall the last time the WTS was a named party in a case before the USSC?

The XJW Power Clique moan, spit, fart, threaten, and saber-rattle, but when a genuine fight comes along, where are they?

Did SilentLambs filed an Amicus Brief in this case?

Did Freeminds filed an Amicus Brief in this case?

Any other incorporated, nonprofit representing xjws get in the fight?

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

This is one reason I'd like to see some sort of association representing exJw issues.

MA, your idea sounds interesting.

Path

• Kismet
    Kismet

Tina:

I did not see your PS the first time through the thread. Please note that I said:

We here know this is not your intent...I just know how 'the boys' will view it.
    It was obvious to me the letters would be in support of the issue, but I was talking about how Service Dept/GB (if it even gets to them) would view letters of support with the words "I support Brother Bowen" on the letter.

Hope that clarifies things.

Kismet

• Prisca
    Prisca

I think MA has a good point re the Amicus Curiae with the USSC.

Writing letters to the GB will reach a very limited audience. Few will ever see the contents of such letters.

However, an Amicus Curiae is a public statement that will be available to all, including other JWs.

Just something to think about.

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Path & Prisca:

When the USSC granted cert back in mid-Oct, and the news articles about such were being posted, I posted to Bill that he should seriously consider filing an AC Brief, as well as contact Stratton's Attorney to see if he could help.

Bill didn't reply to my original post, nor my followup request for him to reply.

His failure to reply now continues to demonstrate how "social connections" in the xjw community are more important than even the "cause" which has taken over his life to the point of affecting his judgment.

Maybe Bill is or has filed a Brief, or is working with Stratton's attorney. Even if so, there's nothing that woud require secrecy, thus concealing such is just more HORSESHIT like his concealing whatever is going on in the Berry case.

One thing is for sure, the info is shared behind the scenes. It makes the members of the Elite feel "special" that they know something the rest of us don't.

Just like at the KH!!!

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Bill:

Maybe when you get back home from doing doughnuts in the KH parking lot, you can tell us whether you have/are filing an AC Brief in Stratton, or whether you are assisting Abraham Cantor?

I'm also curious why you have failed to post (either here or on your website) the WTS & Cong's Response in the Berry Case?

I'm sure the Watchtower's response is evry bit as interesting as Berrys' original Complaint.

Kinda being a little one-sided there aren't you hoss?

I realize that those "elder habits" of deciding yourself what the peons can and can't see are hard to break, especially when the xjw elders aren't suggesting otherwise. I suppose you are on your own with this one. Will you move beyond both the jw and xjw elder mindset, or just jump from the frying pan into the fire?

Appears that you traded your '74 Gremlin for a '74 Pacer. Nice move!

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Bump this back up so 'ol far-sighted Bill maybe will see this thread that he started.

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Should we assume that your posting of this:

. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=18395&site=3

means that SilentLambs is on the sidelines in the first USSC case directly involving the WTS in decades?

Of course, you are not alone.

Evidently, Freeminds nor any other XJW non-profit group did not bother to file an amicus curiae brief either.

Hopefully some of you valient warriors have at least sent some info to Abraham Cantor to help him battle the WTS.

Surely you have done that, right?

When the WTS and Stratton appear before the USSC, and in their oral argument the WTS argues that personal identification requirements and criminal background checks violate JWs' civil rights with statements about the educational benefits of their external ministry, as well as how JWs are known worldwide for their honesty and high morals, then it certainly would be nice if Cantor, during his rebuttal, could pull out documents showing that JWs suspected of crimes such as child molestation are NOT ONLY PERMITTED, BUT REQUIRED to engage in field service.

During oral arguments, one of the justices may very well ask Cantor why there is a need for Stratton to have a "solicitor ordinance" when long-existing civil trespassing law should provide homeowners with all the legal ammunition they need to prevent unwanted solicitors, including JWs, from entering their property.

It certainly would be nice for Cantor to be able to pull out a copy of the June 196X "KINGDOM SERVICE" and the February 199X "KINGDOM MINISTRY" and read to the justices how the WTS has either expressly or impliedly taught JWs that posted "No Solicitors" signs DO NOT apply to them.

Bill (and Randy), even if you warriors weren't motivated to file an AC Brief in this case, hopefully you are communicating with Cantor to provide him documentation on these issues???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit