KM tells JW's "...to avoid representing themselves as agents or representatives of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society..."

by LUKEWARM 43 Replies latest jw friends

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Good catch, palm.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This could lead to a few realizing that WTS won't stand behind them in a jam, so perhaps they should stop "reporting" their activity to the ones that they don't represent.

It's a double standard. "We need you to report regular service to us, but you did it for you."

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Palm, you hit on it. The difference is, at baptism you are identifying yourself as a JW, not as a representative of their corporation.

The GB has it that only duly recognized people can represent them, like MTS grads and CO's. The rank and file just represent YHWH or their own rear end, I don't know...

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Good catch! It's legal mumbo-jumbo to protect themselves obviously..

• parakeet
    parakeet

Sshhhh, you Pinocchio dubbies. Don't let unbelievers see the WTS strings. Let them think you're a REAL boy.

New addition to the dub songbook:

"I've got no strings to hold me down/To make me fret/To make me frown/I had strings but now I'm free/There are no strings on me."

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Sounds like a means to separate themselves legally from the publishers and the Corporation.

Must protect gods organization from all and any costs ( pun intended )

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yabbut, don't jws become ordained through the baprismal ceremony? Who ordains them?

S

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

As we can all now see, all the questions about the inconsistencies are because the GB makes up all of this sh*t.

Yes, they want you ordained and official, but not so ordained and official where you can talk to someone and presume to speak for the old men in Brooklyn....

If the GB ran the sports world,

In golf, they would have 20 clubs in their bag, but would turn you in if you were one over the limit.

In American football, they would have 5 downs on offense and you would have 3. Baseball, 4 strikes for them, 2 for you.

Whatever it takes for them to get their way, thats what they do, and thats how policy is initiated...

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Exploitation in the most insincere of ways.

Now get out there and sell are magazines and books, there is very little time left in this system of things.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I think that this reveals that, at heart, the WTBS is a book publishing corporation. And they are trying to keep the corporation separate from the "religion" but that can't do it. Real religions don't have this problem because there is (to use an accounting term) an arm's length between the religious and secular functions and organizations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit