KM tells JW's "...to avoid representing themselves as agents or representatives of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society..."

by LUKEWARM 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

They seem to be scared of legal issues.

Bangalore

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

There have been a couple of cases on ein Stanton NY? and the other in a small town just north of Montreal in Canada where the towns petitioned the city that JWs needed a permit and had to identify themselves when asked by a person at the door.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the WTS decided it didn't want to be dragged into court for these town councils and by separating the WTS from JWs they hope to keep the two separate.

Just as they are allowing elders to be on the hook for sexual abuse cases they are also willing to leave publishers hanging in the wind

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Not even the WBT$ wants the trouble,JW`s bring upon themselves ..

Because..

Of JW Loyalty,to the WBT$!!!

Times are changing..

........................OUTLAW

• flipper
    flipper

What pisses me off is how much this really shows in a strong way that the WT society doesn't care jack $hit for any witness relatives we still have in and would desert them at the drop of a dime. They are just using any of our JW relatives as a means to an end. And because the " end " i.e. Armageddon will never come - that means they will continually keep using our relatives up until they die. Jesus - just thinking about what this thread implicates makes me more pissed off by the minute. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

If I remember correctly, the name of the Canadian town was Blainesville, Quebec.

Ya, that was huge, but I dont remember what the outcome was exactly.

I think Blainesville lost the case eventually, but had some minor victories in the interim.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Here we go again. A perfect order of men dictate sin. No one can live up to it and no one questions why no one can live up to it, so the only choice is to believe. here we go again. 2075?

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

I think it's also to avoid having people label their followers as cult members.

• blondie
    blondie

Around here, jws (male and female) were putting the WT logo on their business cards trying to trade on the so-called trustworthiness of the WTS. I knew one brother that even said his employees did not have to be bonded because jws were (all) honest.

Up until 2002, the elders who visited the prisons/jails had a WT representative card though.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If we are supposed to do our work for God and not man, then what happens if someone continually hounds us to do more? That would in effect murder the one being hounded, since if they do the work, it would be for those hounding them. If not, it would not be good enough.

• Mary
    Mary
    publishers do well to avoid representing themselves as agents or representatives of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc., or any other corporation used by "the faithful and discreet slave" to advance Kingdom interests. Especially in view of some of their other comments they've made on the subject:

So does this apply to the publishers only? Or does it apply to everyone other than the Slobbering Body members? I find this to be quite an interesting statement to make, given the fact that they clearly have shown in other articles, that Witnesses 'represent' the Organization:

w50 1/15 p. 30 United States District Assemblies of 1949:

"Each of the Witnesses believes himself or herself to be personally a witness in truth to God. They look to see the world regenerated. There must be no bar against a personal relationship with their God. "In convention they seemed to have been led by representatives of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. They were told to put on their armor of God and go forth and preach the gospel as Jesus and His disciples did. They accept this command.

g84 7/22 p. 22 "I Started Out a Warbird but Ended Up a Dove":

"The year 1969 found our son married and my mother well taken care of. Mary Ann and I widened out in our ministry. We became traveling representatives of the Watchtower Society. I started out in my first assignment as circuit overseer-North Dakota Circuit Number One. My brother and his wife, Robert and Lee, entered the circuit work too."

w05 12/1 p. 25 par. 10 People "out of All the Languages" Hear the Good News:

"Indeed, Jesus' command to "make disciples of people of all the nations" is being carried out! (Matthew 28:19) Eagerly embracing that commission, Jehovah's Witnesses are active in 235 lands, distributing literature in more than 400 languages. While Jehovah's organization provides the material needed to reach the people, the individual Kingdom publisher must take the initiative to convey the Bible's message to "people of all sorts" in the language they can best understand. (John 1:7) This united effortenables millions of people of various language groups to benefit from the good news"

w07 4/1 p. 16 The Disciple-Making Work Has Shaped My Life:

"Then, unexpectedly, welcome provisions came from Jehovah's organization. Since September 2001, Our Kingdom Ministry has provided suggestions for presenting the magazines in addition to ideas for offering books and brochures to people of diverse religious persuasions."

w07 9/15 p. 19 Jonathan-"It Was With God That He Worked":

"You may need courage to undertake some privilege of service within Jehovah's organization, such as expanding your ministry, accepting new privileges, or moving to serve where the need for Kingdom proclaimers is greater."

w06 3/1 p. 16 Knowing What Is Right and Doing It:

"In 1959, Jehovah's organization instituted the Kingdom Ministry School. This worldwide training program helped circuit overseers, special pioneers, missionaries, and congregation elders to carry out their Scriptural responsibilities more effectively."

w06 7/1 p. 17 They Delight to Do God's Will:

"Chris and Leslie, a couple assigned to serve as missionaries in Bolivia, put it this way: "Since we have disowned ourselves, we want to make ourselves available to do anything in association with Jehovah's organization." (Mark 8:34) Jason and Chere, assigned to Albania, add: "Every assignment that we have received from Jehovah's organization has had its challenges."

w06 7/15 p. 20 par. 5 Focus on the Goodness of Jehovah's Organization:

"For many years, an elderly Witness of Jehovah named Elfi has experienced comfort and support by taking to heart the Scriptural counsel found in publications of the slave class. Deep appreciation moved Elfi to write: "What would I do without Jehovah's organization?" Peter and Irmgard have also been God's servants for decades. Irmgard expresses gratitude for all the provisions made by "Jehovah's loving and caring organization.....The ‘faithful slave' is represented by the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, a small group of spirit-anointed men serving at the world headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses in Brooklyn, New York."

w06 11/15 p. 11 A School Whose Graduates Benefit People Worldwide:

"In a number of cases, Witnesses who asked for time away from work were told that they would have no employment upon their return. They chose to receive training from Jehovah's organization, even though it meant losing their jobs..."

But alas....someone, or something was deemed worthy enough to represent the the Organization: A jackass----rather a fitting symbol indeed:

w54 8/1 p. 461 Last Stop-British Guiana:

But the most original idea was the large four-wheel float slowly drawn through town by a patient donkey. This carried two 12-by 5-foot signs with an 8-foot tower in the center, the entire float being designed to represent The Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit