I am new jehovah witness

by newwitness 52 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would definitely read other posts on this board. People here have been in the religion for various times, and have experienced first hand the broken promises, endless demands on their time, and the stupid rules that come up for no good reason. And, the hounding to get your whole family in so, if you realize that this is not working (it usually takes around 18 months), you will be stuck in.

At this point, you are not able to be objective in analyzing your reasons for joining the religion. But, I would start taking down notes about how you feel, along with as much background information as you can. Hold onto them, and look back at them about two years later. How many broken promises you experience by then--and not just promises about the end, either. Chances are good that you will soon become the victim of gossip and slander (even though they are told not to do it, most of them do it anyways especially if they think you might be doing something "wrong".

• I quit!
    I quit!

Should you be saying "close to Jehovah and his organization". Why is it I have to teach someone how to be a Jehovah's Witness?

• Farkel
    Farkel

There is nothing more fake than faked fake English.

Farkel, Passing around the troll spray

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Perhaps English is not this persons' native or first language. That's what occured to me when reading the post.

Let's give the poster a chance to express her/himself before we jump on the 'troll-wagon'?

Jeff

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

This place is like a pond full of piranhas. Some of us live up to every ugly stereotype the Witnesses use to smear apostates. Give a person a chance! Let's not hate Witnesses. This could have been a constructive conversation. We will get nowhere the way we've responded to this person, we'll just scare him/her away. He/she may be genuine. We just don't know. Why not err on the side of caution folks? What's the worst that can happen? We get punked? BIG DEAL.

BTS

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

No troll, but I think they were scared off.

• flipper
    flipper

Hi ! I'm old apostate ! Glad to meet ya ! Let's learn from each other. I'm open

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I agree, not a troll.

The key imo in sniffing out a troll is to give them enough rope to hang themselves. They inevitably do, there isn't a need to be too sensitive. Take them at their word until their actions deem otherwise...

• Chalam
    Chalam

I propose a troll committee?

Stephen

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Only if you're on it Stephen... :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit