I am new jehovah witness

by newwitness 52 Replies latest jw friends

• newwitness
    newwitness

I recently just got baptise an so excited to start my new life. Is there anyone have anyting to say fars how to keep myself close to God.

• Japster
    Japster

i am so sorry for you......as someone who spent 50 year 'in' i am so happy t be OUT!!!!

you will not be anywhere CLOSE to a God if you continue.....run away from this uber destructive CULT

• mouthy
    mouthy

The closet you can get to GOD is not with the WT

I was one for 25 years...But God told us to love allThe Wt says you must hate those who leave.
    Jesus is the WAY! TRUTH LIFE
    Not an organization

• White Dove
    White Dove

Welcome to the board, Newwitness!

Congratulations on doing something that is so important to you. I think it is fair to let you know that this board has, over the years and for the most part, evolved into a recovery and support board for those who have left or been kicked out of the Jehovah's Witness religion. Most of us have been hurt by the society's teachings and have very strong feelings about it. Some of us are hurt and bitter over it, namely the disfellowshipping policy that rips families apart, and the blood doctrine that has killed many. I thought I should warn you, although you are most welcome to stay and see the other side of the coin that is the Watchtower Society. There are always two sides to every story. Please stay and get the whole picture.

There are people here who love God and love to talk about how to stay close to him. You may enjoy listening to what they have to say.

Love, Dovey:)

PS I would suggest really paying attention to Mouthy's posts as she is very passionate about serving God in the best way possible and seems to have a wonderful relationship with the God of the Bible, just as you desire to have.

PSS I'm not a Christian but respect the Christian viewpoint.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Is there anyone have anyting to say fars how to keep myself close to God.

Honestly?

Please read 1 Corinthians 13.

Just know that love, true love, is not conditional and is not based on rules or is earned by how many hours are spent selling magazines door to door, or how many meetings one attends. Love is a gift. As the song says, "To love another person is to see the face of God."

The Christian God is one who loves and who gives. He does not demand and he does not shun as do Jehovah's Witnesses.

If you truly want to see The Truth, look at what Jehovah's Witnesses do, rather than what they say.

1 Corinthians 13
    Love

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Congratulations on your new path. I hope it brings you closer to God.

• oompa
    oompa

welcome..........and where do you hail from?............oompa

how long did it take for you to decide to get baptised?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I just hope you are beyond the age of childbearing. If not. Your children have my deepest sympathy.

Regards

Chris

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

recently just got baptise an so excited to start my new life. Is there anyone have anyting to say fars how to keep myself close to God.....

Well..YES!!......

Get as far away from the WBT$,as you Can!!!!!

........LOL!!...OUTLAW

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

new witness:" anyone have anyting to say fars how to keep myself close to God."

God sleeps under bridges with the other trolls.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit