Penetrating the Deepest Level- "Jehovah" is God

by OnTheWayOut 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

When you deal with individuals, you must treat them all differently. I personally would not attack or give any perception of attacking "Jehovah God". it would alienate a JW.

I'd center on what is important to the person----emotional issues (no love in the congregation), logic (proving Watchtower wrong by simple reasoning as in blood doctrine) etc.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Hi Onthewayout

you mention jehovah as the God we believe in and we do. If the Jws didn't exist as a religion from tomorrow I'd still believe it, i'd be like isaac newton believing in One God on the quiet.

I believe in the bible and it led me to Jehovah and nowhere else. IF you don't believe in the God of the bible then thats a different issue.

hi psacramento Trinitarians do not believe in One God they believe in three Gods and try and make them into one by saying it is so. 3 are not 1 mathematically and they aren't in the bible either.

Reniaa

• ninja
    ninja

what's 1x1x1?

• minimus
    minimus

Was Issac Newton one of the faithful and discreet slave??

• minimus
    minimus

Ninja, you say it's one but we know it's really 3 but no one admits it.

• ninja
    ninja

isaac newton was an occultist

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Lets use your list as an example OTWO. I have interpreted your list so as to describe what an individual who asserts these things is really thinking....

A. The Bible is "right."
    - I am right

B. There is a "right" way to serve the God of the Bible.
    - I know what is right

C. The God of the Bible is "Jehovah."
    - I have the right facts to prove my case

D. To be serving God "right," you must recognize Jehovah.
    - In order to do the right thing you must come to the same "right" conclusion as I

E. WTS recognizes Jehovah and uses the Bible, therefore they are the "right" way to serve the God of the Bible.
    - My own set crieteria for what is right shows that my way is right

F. If WTS is "right" then all others are "wrong."
    - Anyone who disagrees with me is wrong because I am right and cannot be wrong.

G. Any deviation from this simple "logic" that causes dissonance should just fall back on repeating the steps above.
    - Right

Using the authority of the Bible is a very easy way in which a person can deflect responsiblity. They can simply state that "Gods word tells us...." and state anything as being a fact. Diagree and they will argue that you are interpreting the Bible wrong (a round about way of stubbornly refusing to accept evidence against them).

As you can see, this is really about attitude and not doctrine. That is how I have come to see it. Through their publications and meetings, the WTS cultivates an exclusive attitude amongst JWs. They are taught that nobody elses opinion is of value, and that to listen to others is a waste of time. Its all about ego and pride. You really can't get any simplier than that.

I was discussing birthdays the other day with my wife (our son turns 1 this year). I think it is a great example of this. Do JWs really care about birthdays? No, and their publications prove it. Read all of what they say about birthdays and you will notice that it doesn't stop with "we don't do this". They have to go on to use it as a way to "prove" that they are the "clean" ones and that all other people are "unclean". It's another tool for the us vs. them narrative. That's all any of it is.

An interesting note about JWs is that none of them (even the leaders) claim to have spoken or heard directly from God. A JW would never say "God spoke in a vision to the governing body". Most would think that such things are silly to talk about. All we are left with is interpreting the Bible.

Which comes back to my original point. Many people respect the Bible as the literal word of God. It is easy for any self proclaimed authority to rise up and create complicated and detailed arguments for why they are the correct interpreter for the word. If you have a certain stake in believing that one particuliar group holds the monopoly (through either choice, fear, or a combination of the two), you are going to stubbornly argue for them regardless of logic.

Pride and ego.....

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

OnTheWayOut

hi psacramento Trinitarians do not believe in One God they believe in three Gods and try and make them into one by saying it is so. 3 are not 1 mathematically and they aren't in the bible either.

This prove's my point. Now reniaa (or most JWs) can tell people what JWs don't believe. Hense my question about what came down.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

min

I like to ask if they know who Johannes Greber is.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Was Issac Newton one of the faithful and discreet slave??

isaac newton was an occultist

Don't poke the bear with a stick, don't feed the trolls. Stay out of that trap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit