WHAT HAS HELPED HEALED CURED YOUR BITTERNESS WITH THE BORG?

by freewilly01 47 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

What's helped me? The fact that they are losing donations and steadily downsizing. Looks like justice to me.

metatron

• Jewel
    Jewel

Time. An appreciation for irony. Deciding that I like my life and my time as a Witness contributed (for good or ill) to where I am today. And learning to appreciate the weird tallents I acquired--

Example: We had to go to a supper with a speaker, an extraordinarily boring and repetitive speaker. A speaker who droned on and on and on. Afterward my dh asked me how I could have been so attentive, sitting still and apparently hanging on the guy's words. I realized that I still had the ability to switch into meeting/assembly mode...I could still look attentive while completely shutting down all actual listening. Ya never know when something like that will come in handy...

• Jewel
    Jewel

Oh...just thought of another. My dh and I bought a house in the little town where I grew up. My great-uncle's house. My great-uncle the elder. The exact house, as a matter of fact, where I spent many years going to book study. Putting up a Christmas tree (for the last 18 years) in the exact spot where my uncle would usually sit to conduct the BS (and I use that term in both of its meanings) has been great fun and amazingly healing...

• Jewel
    Jewel

And...more seriously...my experiences made it possible for me to warn my kids what to look for. I was able to teach them to question authority with lots of personal, historical anecdotes. I really think that my experiences have allowed me to give them a certain level of vaccination against indoctrination (and not just religious!) Though I wish they had realized that when I told them to constantly question authority I obviously did not mean MY authority...sigh...

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I can live with some bitterness as long as I have my freedom.

LD

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Time.

Facts.

Ritual.

Allowing the process to happen.

Realizing that resentment is poison and I had to get past the anger.

Oh, yes, and...

Love...
    Baba.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Time definitely. Also realizing that religion really is a snare and a racket, and that other people are really the only thing that matters in this world.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Time

Moving away from the area (if possible)

Realization that nonbelievers can be wonderful people

Acceptance of the world as it is instead of how dubs made you think it should be

Psychotherapy, if needed

More time

You'll get there.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I saw my mother be consumed with bitterness after my parents' divorce. I saw it eat her from the inside out. I was taught quite a lesson in what bitterness can do to a person. My mother was not a JW. Did not like the JW religion, to her credit. This has saved me from allowing myself to become bitter over anything.

I am not saying that things don't hurt me, but I am not going to let the hurt turn to bitterness. What good does bitterness do? It's a heavy burden to carry. We all will do ourselves, and those who love us, much good in learning to live again and to enjoy life from day to day.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

realising that life at the KH is just like life under Moses or under JC, etc., etc. There are always the murmurers and the loyalists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit