WHAT HAS HELPED HEALED CURED YOUR BITTERNESS WITH THE BORG?

by freewilly01 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

making fun of it...

• White Dove
    White Dove

Time and positive experiences and successes apart from the WTS is a good way to move on. I'm still working on it, though, as I do have resentment.

• Girlie
    Girlie

I am not really bitter towards the borg. I haven't experienced no where near what many here have experienced. I have no animosity towards WTS. I just found myself evolving from the oppressive doctrines and lacking any real belief in it.

• artemis.design
    artemis.design

Having read through the comments, mine probably comes accross as quite unusual . But honnestly and truly it helped.

Reading and watching the work of a Derren Brown, an English "Mentalist" and psychological illusionist , showed how easy it was to manipulate people. You probably won't know what I am on about unless you are familiar with his work, but if you have chance look up a few clips on You Tube, I think you will find it quite astonishing.

Looking into the psychology of mind control has also helped. Remember that study they did in the 60's where they gave people electric shocks? Something like 90& of the subjects gave (or rather thought the gave) electric shocks to the voltage they were told was deadly, simply because they were told to.

Understanding the psychology of human behaviour has helped a lot, and also made sure I don't fall for it again, either in the form of religion, media or even the government. Just basically learning to think for oneself.

I still find it hard to understand why my parents were so bad to me (reading out scripture "he says use the rod") and why all of my family are still "IN" but I have moved on with my life.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Getting to know other exjws and seeing that they're some of the funniest, smartest, most compassionate people I've ever run across.

• arwen
    arwen

Time has helped and distance from JW's. I call myself a "recovering JW". There is a lot of recovering to do from this cult that is for sure. I use humour as well. When I stop by to visit my family I always ring the bell or knock and when they come to the door i say.. "I was just in the neighbourhood sharing some magazines with others" or something like that.. always good for a laugh.. I could not have done it without Simon's board. The support and encouragement I got from there a few years ago was crucial to my sanity. I too, have met some ex JW's and it is amazing to know we share the exact same feelings. The most important thing that has helped me to get over my anger and bitterness is the fact that I am out and I am so grateful to God for that!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Wow! I don't know of anyone in my extended family that has gotten to the point that we can joke about it like your family, arwen. It is a painful, awkward topic that no one can talk about even though some of us have been out for decades. Good for you and your family. It's a sign of healthy communication, something that is non-existent in my family or my mother's family or even my father's family and they were't JWs.

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

Not cured yet, but on my way to feeling better. It helps to not only talk about my experience but also to hear from others that had similar experiences.

• wobble
    wobble

Coming to the realisation that they are just a silly little cult, that in the grand scheme of things,does NOT MATTER.

That has been a great help,plus I now don't care what anyone else wants to believe in,it is their business.

I still feel bitterness towards the GB that they LIED to me ,all my life ! JW's ? What a silly cult (say it quick,it sounds rude)

Love

Wobble

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Yes, they are a silly little cult in the grand scheme of things and that is a great realisation when it happens. But they do a lot of damage to children that are raised within the cult and to individuals and families that do get caught in their web.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit