DNCall Unmasked - Part 5 of 5

by DNCall 42 Replies latest jw friends

• trebor
    trebor

Frank,

Thank you for sharing your story and the letter you sent. Reading it was very encouraging and you have probably helped many more people than you will every know by posting here on JWN. I admire your courage and faith to leave that cult-organization ran by the Watchtower Society.

All the best to you and your wife,

Trebor

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well one thing the WT seems to accomplish well is shooting itself in the foot. Frank and Barbara were just involved in being themselves. They weren't active in "apostacy", and seeking out "followers for themselves." But now with this Kangaroo court of a meeting and disfellowshipping, The WT gave a reason for Frank and Barbara to tell their story. A story that will likely cause a stir.

Oh they can try and discredit Frank and Barb but someone will listen.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Thank you for sharing your story. That letter is amazing.

• Diva
    Diva

Part 5 was well worth the wait...thank you!!

• flipper
    flipper

DNCALL- Frank- What a tremendous letter written with love to your former aquaintances ! I liked how you wrote that you were still " waiting on Jehovah " but that was different than " waiting on the organization " - that was classic ! Oh, so true. I used a similar line with my older JW mom earlier this year about how " Jehovah would repair injustices committed by elders - but the WT society never would. "

It's great to see you gaining friends and moving on in your life. Freedom of mind is sweet and I wish you and your wife all the best ! Look forward to more thoughts from you. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Frank,

Thanks for sharing your story.

I'm really surprised that they didn't just leave you to fade.

Oh well, now you are free to celebrate Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas! I think you have some Birthday Parties to catch up on, too.

B the X

• SuspiciousMinds
    SuspiciousMinds

Frank,

Thank you so much for sharing your story. My wife and I read all 5 parts in one sitting last night, and we both enjoyed it immensely. It's given us courage as we embark on our exit out of the WTS.

• whoknows
    whoknows

You all have no idea how all of the wonderful comments made here on this post have been gratifying and a true comfort to me. It is our greatest desire that reading our experience will give some lurkers (that was me) who have been long-time jws and heavily invested in the organization the courage to objectively examine this religion, its history, its teachings and its policies, against what the bible really teaches. When I first posted here two years ago I was scared to death. This forum gave me the courage to read, read, read and to find out the real "truth".

One of the first publications I read was entitled "Spiritual Food at the Proper Time" and is exclusively direct quotes about prophecies, predictions and claims from the society's literature going back to the late 1880s on through to 2000. It was compiled by an active JW in 2000, and all quotations can be verified at the KHs that might still have some of the older literature. It was extremely powerful to me. By the time I finished reading that publication, there was no doubt in my mind that this religion is just a man-made religion, worse and more dangerous than most, in my opinion. It can be obtained at the Commentary Press website. I begged two of our closest friends to read it, thinking that they would read something that was purely quotes from the society's literature, but they refused.

Anyway, thank you all for your very kind words - it has meant so much to me.

Barbara

• apostate from way back when
    apostate from way back when

I'm so proud of you Barbie, you and Frank will help so many others through these wonderful posts. Your experience, and wisdom will no doubt give

many JW's (lurking or not) much to ponder. First they'll have to shake all of the cobwebs out of their minds to let some reason sink in.

Love you,

Marilyn & David

• cantleave
    cantleave

Thank you for your posts. Very interesting. Your exit was was superbly handled and your letter to friends was very well written.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit