Typically How Much $$$ Do You Spend Going Out To Eat Each Week?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

60 bucks and it pisses the wife off beacuse my drink bill exceeds the food

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Mr Bee is always willing to take me out for dinner, but I love to cook. 1) I can control the fat and calories 2) Its always good

When we eat dinner out in town, it is usually $200+ - cocktails, nice entrees, good wine (rarely dessert)

We travel a lot, therefore MUST eat out for 2- three meals, but I still try to connect us with fruit, yogurt, whole grains, lean meats, veges - not easy when you're in a foreign country or staying in a hotel anywhere. Always glad to get home and fix something fresh and healthy.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Less than an average dub spends each week at Dunkin Donuts.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Aha! I bet the restaurants are cutting corners.

Some of my relatives like Red Lobster so I go to several of their locations, maybe every month or two. It keeps getting worse and worse. Even their biscuits seem like last week's leftovers, with extra grease.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

My wife and I routinely make meals at home that would cost $20+ a plate at a nice restaurant. Last night it was a cajun seafood pasta with prawns and scallops. We get the satisfaction of making something, doing it for less money (although that's not necessarily the goal), and eating it in the comfort of our own home. We like going out, but nothing replaces the satisfaction of being able to make good meals at home.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Aha! I bet the restaurants are cutting corners.

Some of my relatives like Red Lobster

The chain restaurants will always find ways to screw you. Go to restaurants that don't have a corporate HQ with pinheads scheming on how to serve you lower quality food without you noticing.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Never eat at a restaurant that can`t cook as well as you..What a waste of frigg`n money!!..... Oompa and I should open a Restaurant "OompLAWS"...... It will be a Western Action themed Restaurant.....We feed you well,then toss you out a window..But..Not before you pay the bill...................... ................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I know I spend far too much money eating out. But it is just me and while I do enjoy cooking, I don't find it all that rewarding to just cook for me.

So I eat out at least 4 dinners per week averaging $40-50 including the bar tab. So that is about $200/week.

With my crazy schedule (I travel a lot for work) I get so pissed off throwing out produce that goes bad before I can use it. Even getting a bunch of bananas. If I go away for three days ultimately a couple of bananas will be over ripe. A guy can only make so much banana bread...

So I eat out. Food quality is important so I scope out several places, find out what they are good at and thus get a range of options. Since moving into my house I am BBQing a lot more so that provides fewer reasons for eating out but really should cut back... not to mention the coffee and breakfast sandwich each morning (another $30 per week).

• Dagney
    Dagney

I try to bring my food to work 4 out of 5 days, with 1 day to splurge. Dinner, I'd rather eat at home, but do crave sushi which I have to have at least once a week. So the average is maybe, $50 a week,unless I'm meeting friends and family, then another $50.

Trying not to eat my retirement.

• dottie
    dottie

Hardly ever is it a weekly basis that we dine out or order in...once a month we'll take the kids out for breakfast as a treat, maybe order a pizza for a movie night. When you're pinching pennies and trying to watch what your family eats, we prefer to make our meals at home.

There is way too much junk out there, and I am happy to say that my kids didn't even know about McDonald's till we stopped in one at a local Walmart. Even still, the kids wouldn't eat the fries, and wanted the yogurt and fruit thingy they have (I know strange kids, sometimes I think they must have been switched at birth LOL)

Now when I was younger and had no kids and lots of money to throw away (when I was with my ex-husband LOL) we would dine out or order in at least 4-5 times a week...plus paying for lunch while we were at our jobs...we also gained alot of weight and had no money in our bank accounts...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit