Typically How Much $$$ Do You Spend Going Out To Eat Each Week?

by minimus 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

I pack my lunch and rarely eat out. I save the money instead.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    We've started cooking at home more, but the downside to that is, we have to buy more groceries...and we end up buying too much there...

I sometimes do that, but my ex was so organized it was sickening. She used to go through the flyers and clip out coupons and plan the next week's meals accordingly. With her there was no room for deviation. No extra food in the house for a snack or to deviate from the original pre-defined menu. I'm the opposite. I keep the freezer and cupboards full. I like to come home and have some choices to make regarding food.

W

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

My wife and I eat out breakfast either Saturday or Sunday. We'll usually get something during the week at some point, lunches probably a couple times a week. So if I were to guess the amount I would say about $100 a week for everything. We're not fans of pricier places, neither of us grew up very affluent and we were on our own in college so our tastes developed to low-mid range cuisine. We go to different places all the time, big fans of little pizza shops. Oh and Spike's Junkyard Dogs, big BIG fans there.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Maybe once or twice a week. I try to cook every night. We go to our local (non-chain) Mexican restaurant and the tab with 2 drinks and tip usually comes to about $32.00. (They have the best margaritas in town for $4.00...made with fresh limes). We get in the mood for Steak and Shake every now and then. About $18.00 carryout.

This past Sunday we went out for breakfast at Bob Evans, $22.00.

We usually go out on Birthdays and Mother's day. The last two tabs were about $200.00 each. Yikes!

I guess I'm getting cheaper the older I get. I can't stand paying $6.00 for a glass of wine when I know the enitre 1.5 litre bottle is $10.00. Such as Woodbridge Cabernet...... but who wants to go out and eat if you can't enjoy a glass of wine or two with dinner. Or a yummy chocolate milkshake with a nice greasy portobella mushroom/swiss cheese hamburger and french fried onion rings....hence the 18.00 bill at steak and shake.

r.

• IronHill
    IronHill

We seem to do this alot...I'd say we spend around 150.00 to 200.00 a week on eating out...yikes!

• beksbks
    beksbks

I love to cook

• only me
    only me

We spend too much in restaurants, about $70 a week for the 4 of us. We do tend to look for two-fer deals or other discounts.

I love to cook, but our schedule often gets so hectic that at 9:00 PM we are starving and we end up at a restaurant anyway.

Applebees has a nice deal for 2. You get two full sized entrees and an appetizer to share for $20.

• minimus
    minimus

I guess I'm spending a lot!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Trying to keep it to a minimum. We usually go out for one meal per week, I guess maybe $40 for the usual stuff...because we're fans of a home style Italian restaurant that's inexpensive but has the best food in town. Or sometimes we just go to breakfast, so that's $20.

I cook breakfasts and lunches for the whole week on Sunday morning, plus snacks and light dinners, from the stuff I scored at the farmer's market the day before. By Fridays I'm running out, so we've got a tradition of Appetizer Fridays--drinks and a treat.

It's healthier for our waistlines.

And am I the only one who noticed restaurant food is becoming really crappy? I'm not just talking portions, but quality. It's getting barely edible, to be honest. I wonder if they're cutting corners. Or maybe my palate is changing after abstaining from fried/processed/salty/overly sweet stuff.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I spend about $10 a week in eating out.

Most of the time we cook at home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit