where do the refinements come from?, and why do you answer thus?

by Spike Tassel 111 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

You can swim all day in the Sea of Knowledge and still come out completely dry. Most people do. ~Norman Juster

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument. ~William G. McAdoo

You can be sincere and still be stupid. ~Charles F. Kettering

The trouble with people is not that they don't know but that they know so much that ain't so. ~Josh Billings

The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right. ~Mark Twain

• AllTimeJeff
  • isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

spike said:

to isaacaustin: actually the GB cannot exalt Jesus, but they can exult in Jesus, which they do; Jesus is ALREADY in his exalted position, at the right hand of Jehovah, in response to Jehovah's listening to Jesus' request at John 17:5.

My reply: No Spike, the GB exults in its own power. They pay him lip service but their actions and ways belie their words. They exult in their own poer and control of their captives.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I have noticed that in terms of prayers, Jesus is "thrown" in at the end, almost like a after thought.

At the last JW Baptisim I was at, for the 60 min that they were speaking ( I don't know how long in total cause when I got there they already were speaking) I counted the name Jesus only 6 times, Organization I counted 33 times and Jehovah I counted 41. This was during the course of the hour in which various speeches were made and a coupel of prayers and the Baptisim vows were taking, before the dunking of the donuts.

;)

• mouthy
    mouthy

sigh! for Spike & Rennia.my heart aches for them every time I read their reponses
    "None so blind as those who cannot see"
    I used to be as blind as them.."Oh the gift that GOD had give us
    to see ourselves as others see us"
    Thank GOD ,I made sure of all things & am FREE of Bethel rules.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Just a gentle reminder that THIS Topic is

where do the refinements come from?, and why do you answer thus?

let's see if we can stick to the Topic, I don't need any pity party or snipers

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Well I do pity you and pray the Lord opens your eyes Spike.

But back to topic, 'refinements' come by the votes of the GB...due to pressure to make changes such as legal or economic, or perhaps the change suits someone higher up in the org. Other times it comes as a result of an impending false prophecy- such as the 1914 generation change, or the teaching that 144,000 was filled in 1935 (which would make you run out of annointed). 'Refinements' always come as a result of some sort of pressure from an outside source, certainly not as a result of the following of the Holy SPirit.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

to OUTLAW: I get the impression that, to some degree, Jehovah is like a husband away from home right now, letting his wife make the decisions as best she can while the husband's away. I think of it like the husband leaving some instructions for his wife. Some things are left unsaid, some things are repeated for emphasis. She uses the instructions (in the context of what she knows of the husband's personality) in order to make decisions that will hold herself and her family in good stead, and advance her husband's interests, training her family such that the husband can be rightfully proud of his wife upon his return.

I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. ~Rita Rudner

Success in marriage does not come merely through finding the right mate, but through being the right mate. ~Barnett R. Brickner

Any intelligent woman who reads the marriage contract, and then goes into it, deserves all the consequences. ~Isadora Duncan

The most dangerous untruths are truths moderately distorted. ~Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

I don't mind lying, but I hate inaccuracy. ~Samuel Butler, Note-Books, 1912

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

This is probably off-topic so maybe better on a new thread...but I ask the question...JWs are told by the WT that in 1919 they were released as a refined people from Babylonish captivity and given the responsibility to handle Jesus earthly affairs. Yet, in WT articles they list the things that made them unclean as to warrant their going away into captivity. And yet at the time of their supposed release, and many years later, they were still practicing these very things. Where is the logic that they were

1) released from captivity when still practicing thse unclean things (the Jews were released from Babylonish captivity having given up the idolatry that got them sent away)?

2) being relased while still unclean in what got them sent away, they were now given the important role as steward of God's earthly affairs?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

On a side note, it was during the Babylonian captivity that the Israelites started naming the angels, Michael and Gabriel to name only 2.

Before that they had never put names to any of God's messengers, it was something they picked up from the pagan babylonians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit