I'm reading the Bible cover to cover...

by homeschool 85 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Well, if we're going to compare versions...

http://www.lolcatbible.com/index.php?title=Genesis_1

• homeschool
    homeschool

I'm going on vacation for the next week and a half starting Friday...suuuure hope my new book arrives by then! <---what the heck is that on top of this smileys head? I dont plan on reading my Bible while on Vacation but my sis said she's going to continue. Guess I'll have a $hitload of reading tomorrow to make up for lost time.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

It's a halo, Silly!

• homeschool
    homeschool

Well I'll be darned....it always reminded me of a little shower cap. See (back to my other thread)??! I need lasik surgery!

• homeschool
    homeschool

It feels like its been forEVER since I've been on JWN...I was on vacation & had the pleasure of meeting a couple folks from this site . Since I was livin' the high life in California for a week & a 1/2, I slacked big time on my Bible reading...but my sis read a few chapters each night. i've got a lot of catching up to do! Just finished Genesis. WheW!....god still seems cranky.

What's the deal with the foreskin? Why did god create men with it & then decide it was disgusting? just curious...

• megs
    megs

LOL You think he's cranky now, just wait!!! You're still in the PG13 section!

• homeschool
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Kinda makes one believe that the Gnostics had it right, huh? God is really the evil one in this book.

I used to think about that. If the religions, including Jw's, had adopted a different holy writ, would they not spend tons of ink and paper condemning the God of the OT as savage, condoning lying and adultery, murderous, bloodthirsty, cruel and uncompassionate? You know they would! But since this is the puppet and stage they have accepted, they find all sorts of ways to avoid the reality in those pages.

Jeff

• shamus100
    shamus100

Some friendly advice:

Read it drunk. It will be a lot better and make a lot more sense.

Trust the monkey.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    What's the deal with the foreskin? Why did god create men with it & then decide it was disgusting?

I don't know......it always reminded me of a little shower cap.

Hope your vacation was muy bueno, homes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit