When will they realise that the bus isn't coming?

by eyeslice 53 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Ren; using a scripture that perfectly sums up the constant lies and hypocrisy that the WTS has been doing now for well over a 100 years, I could not have picked a more fitting scripture.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

sir82,

I thought of it when I read the op. As a side note, French theologian Gabriel Vahanian started his career with a study of Beckett's play in his groundbreaking work The Death of God.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

reniaa, is the lord so? or is it the watchtower?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Don't feed the troll. The users of that account only want to do a drive by without having to explain or defend a hopelessly stupid position. They have no intention of responding, the only intent is to draw attention away from real and serious questions.

As for the original intent of this thread, Jehovah's Witnesses are no different than any other doomsday sect throughout time. They have all predicted THE END OF THE WORLD on xxxxx date. Kind of pathetic really that they still cling to it.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

"brothers, we are so close!"

"can you feel it?"

"right around the corner"

"don't miss the next meeting, there could be important instructions"

etc

etc

etc

• Lucky Calamity
    Lucky Calamity

As long as their meat served at the proper time keeps coming to them at the bus stop, they'll just stay right there, even though the meat's smelling a little tainted, engorging themselves with the borg's tripe til they croak out without noticing they missed armageddon.

• Lucky Calamity
    Lucky Calamity

'The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Reniaa

Well, the lord seems pretty dang slow at figuring out that a JW like you is on the internet trying to do his bidding for him.

Since when are "his people" permitted to make use of the demonic internet, and since when are they allowed to visit "apostate" sites like this one?

You go repent, Ren.

Repent for getting on the bus and for being a judgmental hypocritical rider.

• Chalam
    Chalam

When a bus comes past with "New Jerusalem" on the front but doesn't stop for them Revelation 3:12 Revelation 21:1 Revelation 21:2

Then they will realise they were not at the "paradise earth" bus stop at all, there was no sign, no route, no timetable and certainly no bus.

All the best,

Stephen

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Maybe the bus changed route really quickly like a chariot with spherical wheels, and a new timetable wasn't ever published.

Most of them can happily get through life just waiting at the bus stop. Frankly, most of them are better off there than going through the trauma of changing transport providers so late in life.

• Heaven
    Heaven

"don't miss the next meeting, there could be important instructions"

This reminds me of the movie "A Christmas Story" where Ralphie tunes in on the radio to hear Annie's Secret Message as a member of the Little Orphan Annie Secret Circle. Using his secret decorder ring, Ralphie decodes the message and is disgusted with the fact that he'd been suckered into an advertisement. When I saw that segment in the movie, it so reminded me of the JWs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdA__2tKoIU

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit