When will they realise that the bus isn't coming?

by eyeslice 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven

This has always confused me about the JWs.... I thought God helped those who helped themselves... and yet, they continually 'wait on Jehovah'. Are these not 2 totally conflicting ideals?

I prefer the former. Inertia is the plague of the WTS. When you wait on Jehovah, nothing happens... your grass doesn't get cut, your garbage doesn't get picked up, your food doesn't get prepared, your problems get bigger.... and your toilet gets real stinky!

• moshe
    moshe

JW's are great at making up an analogy to explain away unpleasant thoughts/decisions. Humans are the only creature that will labor for a promised reward. Even chimps and dogs will stop doing tricks , if the treats stop coming. JW's are just too proud to admit they have been bamboozled by some old geezers at WT headquarters in NYC. Now the lawyers and financiers have asserted power and their goal is to just keep the WT Corp alive indefinitely, while sucking the life out of it's host, i.e, the little 'ol publisher- don't kill it or make them leave, just keep them toiling away with useless service work.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

The bus was first expected in 1914, than in 1915,1918,1925 and 1975. Also the bus was supposed to come before the generation of 1914 passed away and before the 20th century ended. So far all these timetables have been discarded or edited.

Bangalore

• four candles
    four candles

Well,I'm a bus driver.......and I'm sat at home posting on here,drinking a beer and enjoying the sunshine......................so the bus ain't coming!!!!

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

I have had several conversations with long timers over the last two weeks. one was my mom trying to get me to return and another was my best friends mom who wanted to warn us both that we needed to return (he still believes even though he hasn't attended for years).

In both cases they pointed to the fact that in just a few years we will be at the 100 year mark from 1914. I still hold out hope that 2014 will be a watershed moment for many witnesses.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

with the churning over of new fish, they can possibly wait for another 100 years for this never coming bus, new light, bright new graphic art work, the rotting corpses of the destroyed unrighteous etc, sad , Homer not only has the bus run out of gas, it has flat tyres, a seized engine, sits a rusting wreck in a disused bus depot somewhere, never to be cranked up, Blakey and Butler have long since passed over to the big bus yard in the sky along with Stan and Olive.(UK folks will know what I mean LOL)

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

eyeslice

There never was a bus. This bus is always around the corner which no one can see. The WTS own this bus and this bus is the only way can can make it to the ''NEW SYSTEM''. Too bad for anyone who walks when he/she is tired of waiting. The WTS is repairing,cleaning,detailing,and fueling this bus for future passengers.

• dmouse
    dmouse

I called for a Taxi a long time ago - I'm outta there!

Though it still makes me sad, seeing poeple standing in the cold and rain waiting for a bus that will never come.

DM

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..The Bus is just Around the Corner!!.. .............LOL!!...OUTLAW

• I quit!
    I quit!

I guess they're waiting for the next bus schedule to be printed so they will know when the bus is coming. They have already forgotten about the last sched. that was wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit