When will they realise that the bus isn't coming?

by eyeslice 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

This bus doesn't exist. It was a human invention, and exists only in the minds of wt believers. Wt leaders make all kinds of excuses for the bus not showing: the driver doesn't want any passengers to miss the bus, so he's taking his time about showing up, the bus is invisible, only faithful and discreet ones can see it, you lazy, good for nothing bastards gotta preach to everybody about the bus, before it can come.

S

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I think that Lady Lee makes a good point. Many have spent so long that they don't/can't give up now. I do detect a certain sadness and sense of frustration amoungst the old-timers, my mom and dad included, that they don't seem the end coming in their life-time.

If the leadership had the courage to say we simply don't know, to lessen the emphasis on the 'preaching work' and move more towards being far more charitable and Christian, may be I would still be in. But as it is, I cannot see that they are anywhere near being on theright spiritual path.

PS Just read Siddartha by Herman Hesse - a great parable of one man's search for his own spiritual path

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

The sad part of it is there are 7 million people sitting on this bus waiting for it to embark on its journey to Paradise

but it can't leave the station unfortunately because there is a blockade in front of it something called reality.

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

Most will wait until the day they die.

They think the bus is bringing them never ending life on a paradise earth - in there mind its worth the waiting.

It certainly was worth waiting for in my mind until -of course - I realised the bus was not coming.

Well, thats not quite right. I still think the bus is coming but it will come for all of us - but i am not waiting for it anymore.

It will turn up when its due.....

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i like lady lee's analogy.

it's like you buying $100,000 of stock.

the stock inm 2001 went to $60,000

then in 2005 it went to $25,000

then in 2008 it went to $10,000

are you gonna bail and take what you can, or do you think that you invested so much that it's eventually gonna come back?

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Why cant they just rid themselves of that whole waiting thing? It serves absolutely no purpose. Why not just bring people to Christ like Christians are supposed to do during their lives on THIS side of whateverinhellarmageddonis? Eliminate all the anxiety, all the waiting, all the speculation, all the sacrificing of education, bearing children, taking promotions, building homes? Why not let people LIVE? They bring this on themselves.

You might as well hand a JW a coin that says "See other side" on BOTH SIDES OF IT...and then stand there and watch them flip it...forever.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

eyeslice,

Two other interesting works by Hesse on the necessity of transgression to break the circle (such as 'starting to walk when you deeply know the bus ain't coming although nobody will tell you') are Demian and the first 'former life story' at the end of Glasperlenspiel. A rather persisting theme when you think those novels are nearly 40 years apart.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Why cant they just rid themselves of that whole waiting thing? It serves absolutely no purpose.

Accept a marketing devise

The WTS. wasn't constructed to spread Christianity around the the world, its original intension was of course selling literature.

Controlling people so as to get them to buy and sell was always their hidden agenda. Not surprising that the original owner was nothing but a religious

literature pedaler, that exploited the belief in the bible to propagate his own written literature. This exploitation continues to this very day.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I stopped waiting for the bus when I learned it didn't particularly go anywhere and sometimes did a complete U-turn leaving you back at the bus stop.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Truer words were never spoken. Whle the jws arrived at the bus stop 10 minutes early and have spent their lives wating for the bus to arrive, they developed a deep seated fear of leaving the bus stop. In their minds there is the uncertainty of what if I give up and leave the bus stop and I can't get back on time IF it finally arrives. Mind control...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit