When will they realise that the bus isn't coming?

by eyeslice 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Nice illustration. It shows the folly of living ones life around

a date that never comes.

Sour Grapes

• reniaa
    reniaa

2 Peter 3:9
    The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Reniaa

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

For many of my family, the notion that there might not be a bus comes with the knowledge that they have sold a lot of tickets.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Most won't realize that the bus isn't coming. I think this scripture aptly describes what you're seeing among the old-timers:

Proverbs 13:12 -- "Expectation postponed is making the heart sick"

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

He wasn't so paitent when he destroyed all of the earths inhabitants during the global flood with the exception of one family.

Seems he wanted everyone to perish and by the information set out by the JWS , he wants to do it again very soon.

See you can't believe anything the bible says just like the way Reniaa says she's leaving JWN never to return.

There is just no truth telling with religionists.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

No issue with 2 Peter. That's a good verse. The issue is with the WT making a mockery out of it by their endless false prophecies of the end coming by a certain date.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

87 year old man has been waiting for a bus that is not coming....55 years rain or shine he has waited....they found him dead on the bench yesterday, still holding the bus timetable from 1949! The bus stop is being demolished next month.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"That makes me think of sitting at a stoplight that never turns green. How long do you sit there before you figure the damn thing is broken and just go on red?"

Embarrassing is, that when you drive or go on red - it seems as if each and every time, a fraction of a second later it surely turns green ......... So bringing it further, once you've left the bus station and stated walking - the bus comes ...........

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

*** w03 8/15 p. 24 What Does Jehovah Expect of Us? ***
    A Waiting Attitude Brings Blessings
    20 Experiencing Jehovah's blessing moves us to imitate Micah's spirit. He declares: "I will show a waiting attitude for the God of my salvation." (Micah 7:7) How do these words relate to our walking modestly with God? Having a waiting attitude, or patience, helps us to avoid feeling disappointed that Jehovah's day has not yet come. (Proverbs 13:12) Frankly, we all long for the end of this wicked world. However, every week thousands of people are just beginning to walk with God. Knowing that gives us a reason for showing a waiting attitude. One longtime Witness said in this connection: "Looking back over 55 years in the preaching work, I am convinced that I have not lost anything by waiting on Jehovah. On the contrary, I have been spared many heartaches." Have you had a similar experience?

I think many are disappointed that they trusted the WBTS, preached things now considered old light and are now facing their own end in this system. One bro who has been around for over 50 years recently told me he hates when they say the end is just around the corner as they really have no idea...

• sir82
    sir82

Has anybody read, or seen performed, Waiting for Godot?

I recall being utterly stunned when I read it - it fits the 21st century JW experience to a tee.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit