What the Family Worship Evening Arrangement Really Entails

by cantleave 61 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

white dove:

I remember the CO telling the congregation that if you haven't had a shepharding call, it means you don't need one. Huh?

as a newbie elder (and prior as a MS) I remember being told by a long time elder that 90% of the elders' attention was focused on 10% of the publishers. The other 90% didn't need as much attention. Of course, he didn't say it that nicely. He said: "90% of the problems are caused by 10% of the publishers and take up all of our time....we have no time for so-called "encouragement" calls."

I should have left/resigned then instead of 5 years later.

Snakes (Rich )

• cantleave
    cantleave

He wasn't aware of Pareto's rule then (should be 80% of the problems caused by 20%).

• Gayle
    Gayle

I think most will just do their own thing, instead of more official study time. Even TV would be more mentally stimulating, don't ya think!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Family Study night as time to do "general research"? Haha, you must be having a laff mate.

• besty
    besty

dude - get the recording and make it into some sort of digital format and we can stick it on freeminds with your notes....PM me if interested

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

They're obviously trying to keep the conditioning going (trying to get the publishers to administer to themselves) after being forced to remove a meeting because of lack of male suckers doing all the parts that would have been required.

No way the elders can check up on families routinely enough to ensure everyone is doing it. Maybe the bit of extra time the dubs have may actually get some to research more deeply and actually discover inconsistencies. Then again probably not.

• Satanus
    Satanus

4 HOURS!!! GOD!!! As a 'family', we often did ONE hour of studying something or other wt. I can't imagine a family actually doing for hours, every week. Is the wt corp maybe pushing the 4 hours in hopes of getting one, or two of jw families worshipping the wt corporation??

S

• BirdFood
    BirdFood

Maybe my family isn't shunning me after all, they are just too busy keeping up with all of their theocratic responsibilities to talk to me?

I remember my parents trying to study the watchtower as a family, it always took HOURS because they would find some point that HAD to be researched and discussed. It was usually on Sunday mornings before the 12:30 or 3:30 meeting. I was actually happy when it was time to get ready for the meeting so our "study" would be over!

BF

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    as well as undertake general research.

Yeah I can't see THAT biting them in the ass at all...

• yknot
    yknot

Well there have been RUMORS of the WTS dumping the weekday meeting entirely. Of course I thought ...bullshiz... but my Elders are commenting and the KMs have 'encouraged' FS prep too.

Which talk was this...... (I really wasn't paying attention when our CO visited.... I do have some MP3s of CO talks sent by the 'friends')

Here are the 3 mandatory (4th is CO's choice)late season talks I have:

1. The Spirit and the Bride keep on saying come

2. Reject Worldly Fantasies and Pursue Kingdom Realitities

3. Minding of the Spirit means Life and Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit