What the Family Worship Evening Arrangement Really Entails

by cantleave 61 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

As most people here know the combined book study allows an evening for "Family Worship".

The CO visits March - August 2009 is really focussing on this. If a Jdub family head doesn't do a full evening of family worship and uses this time to do recreational activities he is as guilty as Isrealite who didn't use the Sabbath for worship. The result, will of course be same as the unfaithful Isrealite, DEATH!!!!!!!!! That message is not diluted at all basically do 4 hours of family worship or die. Of course it will be fun, with role play for the kids etc.

Family worship is not family study. It doesn't include doing the weekly bible reading, no thats got to be during other times. It doesn't include Personal study. It shouldn't really include preparation for other meetings, that should be done at other times. It is an opportunity to prepare meaningful presentations for FS as well as undertake general research.

The Elders are going to visit everyone in the cong over the next 6 months to check the R&F are doing proper Family Worship and will be telling them how to fill the evening with it- no kidding it is a directive from the GB.

The bOrg are definitely making sure there is no spare time in a witnesses schedule for anything non-theocratic.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

The Kool-Aid is getting stronger I see.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Good Grief,

It only keeps getting worse.

purps

• cantleave
    cantleave

Tell me about! The sad thing is ...... Just a few weeks ago I would have seen this as a provision from Jah to keep me strong during the Great Tribulation.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Then that means that the GB is finally coming to grip that the R&F do not really know what is involved in the family study.

I thought it was strange why the GB was not really emphasizing the importance of the family study and how it should be done. But now they are getting serious.

But fathers were to have a family study before the January 2009 arrangement. But many families did not or it was just a study night for the following weekly meetings. I remember that since the Watchtower was studied on Monday nights at Bethel that the Watchtower could be used.

Maybe this will motivate the elders to do more shepherding calls. A friend told me that in her congregation that the elders were to start doing shepherding calls again. She has not received a sherdherding call for at least 5 years.

I appreciate you sharing the above information on what is up and coming.

• Will Power
    Will Power

do you have to wear a shirt and tie when you're doing the at home thing?

wp

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

THE GB=HITLER LIGHT

THE CO's=GESTAPO

THE KH's=CONCENTRATION CAMPS

WAC=Former Elder and Bethelite

• aniron
    aniron

From what I get from JWs I have spoken to when this came in was that it was suggested that the former book study night be used as a "Family Study Night".

But as those who I have spoken to have said they already had a "Family Study Night" on one of the other days, that were free from when they did have the group night. A couple of them said all they did was move the family night to the night the group used to be on. So they still have one less meeting anyway.

One JW said they moved the family study they did have from Friday night to the Tuesday, which was the old group night, this now means they can go out on Friday nights to cinema or elsewhere.

As for Elders visiting everyone to make sure they comply, load of rubbish. If I recall my old congs Elders rightly, they couldn't even manage to do "shepherding calls" once a year.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Does the Family Study Night include "Compulsary 'Last Days' Counseling?" Tell the CO that you include that as the main focus of the family study night. You'll get lots of brownie points.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I have watched some jws I know do their "family worship" evening. It took all of 20 min. and they were off to the mall.

I'm sure the accounts told to the elders and cos will be a tad different, kinda like the family study that most don't have.

What I see is a lessening of time spent on jw things and that's a good thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit