What the Family Worship Evening Arrangement Really Entails

by cantleave 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Like the elders are faithfully doing this. They are too busy. In other words, the elders who tell others to do it are hypocrites.

S

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

This new arrangement is going to make a lot of 'liars' out of the 'Rank & File'! I can't hardly believe they are going to try and 'pull' such a thing off!

Good luck, Watchtower, you're going to need it even if you don't believe in it! Ha.

Outaservice

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

What struck me when I first heard of it (here) is the (now confirmed) official use of the term "worship," which sounds definitely more "Evangelical" than "JW" to me... as I remember they didn't even call congregations meetings "worship"!

Also, coming from a particularly tyrannical JW family which made the rest of the organisation look like a haven of freedom, I keep dreadful memories of the "family studies" which often ended up as an inquisition court on all kinds of topics, and I can't help feeling for the kids who find themselves in a similar situation, even though they are probably a small minority... Micro-dictatorships are often much worse than bigger ones.

• blondie
    blondie

It's too bad we can get a script or recording of that CO talk.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I'll get the recording and summarise it here. I'll also get the notes from the elders meeting where the directive to give the shepherding calls was given.

• carla
    carla

What if a guys whole family are opposers? what is he supposed to do? have a fight every 'family study night'?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Family Worship. Haha, what a funny. What would they worship, and how? They don't actually mean worship, though. Muslims worship when they slam their forheads on the ground.

I can imagine the grueking time that will be for the children in families that actually try to follow through

S

• cantleave
    cantleave

Carla, you know the answer to that one already. If his family have all left the bOrg, he has failed in his commission, will be classed as a loser and his family will be the subject of gossip by the faithful, his only hope is that he realises the truth behind the "truth".

I really want my family to become opposers, i will be able to leave myself.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I remember the CO telling the congregation that if you haven't had a shepharding call, it means you don't need one. Huh?

• cantleave
    cantleave

They keep flip flopping about shepherding calls. Everyone / every family should have a SC, from their group service overseer, to encourage them. It is more essential now I suspose since they don't have the cosy group arrangement. The idea of family worship is to help the sheep feed themselves in order to be strong enough to cope with whatever problems lie ahead, but it a way to control / limit outside activities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit